Monday, November 10, 2008

Duck, Duck, Duck!!

I guess a continuing theme for Addie Blaire over the past few months has been her love for ducks. She loves them so much that against Mitch's wishes (he wanted her to be something girly, I told him there was plenty of time for that in the coming years) so we decided to go with the duck costume in the end. However, as soon as the costume came in I tried it on her and she hated it. I think she liked the idea of the costume and loved to look at it, but I guess I had underestimated the fact that just because she does love ducks so much it completely freaked her out to be one!!! Yet for some reason on the night of Halloween with a little persuasion from Mom and Dad and a little diversion with some candy the costume went on and stayed on !!

This was up in the neighborhood and she was very interested in it all month!!


This is how the night started and I didn't think we were feeling very ducky so I was a little concerned until Dad stepped in and made it all better....with the help of a little smarties!!



Addison Blaire was the cutest duck ever, in my opinion, I know I am a little biased but there aren't many ducks that have such cute chunky thighs and cheeks!! The costume was actually stuffed with something so it really did look pretty funny!
Okay so now she is working that costume. I guess it takes a little while to get adjusted to the web feet and extra stuffing, oh and that duck bill on your head!


Zoe has never stuck so close to Addison Blaire, but she was begging for some candy!!

We took Addie Blaire over to visit both sets of her Great-Grandparents that night. For some reason she was not in the mood to have her picture taken at the time though. But I still wanted to post some pics with the family. Playing with Pop Powell on the floor.
Addison Blaire also got to see the other farm animals like this little pig (aka her cousin Lydia) at the Powell's house. They enjoyed sharing their candy and comparing each other's crazy costumes!!

I had to post a picture of this because I have made a video of it but it is too funny. Since dad is a big fan of the horse races we don't just ride the horsey we race the horsey. Mitch puts Addie Blaire on his knee and gets her arms out like she is a jockey in the gates. She starts smiling right away and knows what is coming. Then they come out of the gates and start running and cracking the whip at the horse. She just thinks it is so much fun to have such a cool dad!!

No comments: