Sunday, November 16, 2008

Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers!

Okay so I guess this picture is going to need some explanation. To show exactly how wonderful my babysitter is and how much she cares form my child and Griffin I had to post this story. She has told me that she has learned more from my child in the past several months than she has from anyone else in years. She is too kind to say that, but I understand exactly what she means in some sense because (not to get all sensitive) but I have definitely stopped to smell the flowers more, looked up at the sky and down at the ground and pretty much all around more now then ever before. I realize that she has taught me to slow down and smell the flowers literally. So back to the story Janice takes Griffin and Addie Blaire on walks everyday. Griffin has just gotten really interested in ant mounds and loves to yell out "Ants" when he see one! In the midest of all of this Janice said she stopped to look at this huge ant mound that he had found from a distance. At that moment, Addison Blaire looked up at her and said "flower." Janice thought she was just crazy I think but at closer glance she noticed the smallest yellow flower in the middle of this huge ant mound!!! That is where the picture below comes in, she saved the flower for me!! How sweet is that!!! I know like most moms that work it is so hard some days to leave your child because you wonder what you are going to miss out on that day. I don't have to wonder because Janice always lets me know. I am so lucky to have her taking care of my sweet baby girl. So the lesson in this according to Janice is that only a daughter as sweet as mine could find a flower in an ant mound!!! She said the bigger lesson in that is that you can always find the good and beautiful in the bad and ugly things in this world. I would have to agree Addie Blaire is definitely the sweetest baby and is always so happy. She really does have the sweetest and most loving presence, even when someone else knocks her down she gets right up and asks for a hug!!!

3 comments:

Meredith Woodruff said...

That is SO sweet!!! I can't wait to see Addie Blaire again! We will be in Hot Springs over Thanksgiving weekend. If y'all are there, come visit!

Rich and Renee said...

How precious!! What a great story. We can all take a little more time to stop and smell the flowers, thanks Addison for teaching to us!

The Cowart Family said...

Jill, I think that's one of the sweetest things I have ever heard! You are so blessed to have such caring person taking care of your baby girl.