Saturday, January 14, 2017

It's Fall Ya'll...so that means Razorback football!







Dad and I were able to sneak away for the weekend to go back to the Big D for a second time this fall to watch the Hogs play (well that can be debated according to how that game ended) with some friends!  WE had a great time handing out with this crew all weekend.  The girls did some shopping while the boys played and we all were happy!

The AT&T stadium is something to behold.  I have been a few times before but each time I go I am amazed at the size of this place.
It was sooo hot outside tailgating that we headed into our box early that day for some air conditioning and food of course!  Great weekend....wish we got to do it more often!
and then after a great weekend you always need something to go wrong...right?!  Well that it did and the name of it was Bunchems.  My child had been told that these things were sticky and to keep them far away from items such as hair...but did she listen.  Apparently not!  She got maybe twenty or so of them all stuck in her hair...how you ask?  I HAVE NO IDEA!!  but it was awful...i mean truly 100% awful!  I spent 3 plus hours in the floor of my bathroom with a bottle of extra virgin olive oil and a pick trying to get these things out before I just had to go to scissors.  I managed one by one to do so and it was about 1 am when I finished! But I am proud to say i did it without the use of scissor although she did look like she had washed her hair with olive oil for a week after that...greasy!

Don't do it resist the urge to ever bring these homes...you will thank me!
B got to be in the fair parade this year riding on a float (or something like that) She loved the attention without a doubt.
And what she loved more afterwards were all the rides!
Broken arm and all that didn't stop this girl!!

It is always fun to meet up with friends at the fair each year making new memories and eating all the fried goods our bellies can handle.
That week I was able to help with our Mission Possible Kids project.  We went from door to door and all the kids got out asking for canned goods for the local food bank.  So proud of all the mission work these kids are learning to be a part of...this are the moments I am so thankful for a loving church family and youth.
And then before we knew it we were back at the doctors office to get that cast off and downgrade to an even smaller one for a few weeks.  Finally this girl got her tie die she had been waiting for all those weeks!  And it was smaller which had to be a relief after weeks of carrying around that monster of a cast she had before.
that weekend we did some late fall boating with friends.  These girls played and played out by the water all day.  Glad these girls have friends wherever they go!
And speaking of that...the next weekend we were on the road to Fayetteville to watch the Hogs once again.  This time we stayed with one of my besties Renee and her family.  We also got to meet up with two of our favorite fellas the Gentrys for dinner.
That next morning my friend took the whole family to the gym.  She is a fantastic aerobics instructor and gave me a workout harder than i have had in a long time...but i powered through somehow.  The kids also had their very own workout room with equipment just for them (one benefit of living in the bigger city that my kids could get used to) and all of them had a blast.


AB dominated that treadmill!
and the little dominated this course...a few hot and sweaty kiddos resulted.

The cooled off with some smoothies afterwards.
and while they were cooling off with the Morris', Mitch and I went for a spin in MY new car.  I have waited and waited for the right one to come along...and if you know me I am frugal so when we came across a deal on my dream car I went for it (it's used but new to me and that's all that matters).  We ended up driving this home from the hill that weekend.  I was sad to see my Ford go but can't wait for the adventures ahead in my new ride!
and that evening Renee got a babysitter for the kids so all the parents could go to the game.  We had a great time just wish the game had ended a little better is all.

I had a work conference that started the day we got home so dad brought the kiddos back.  The conference ended on Tuesday so i headed out early to make it back to spend the day with my girl on her field trip to the pumpkin patch.  She was so glad to see me and I was thrilled to be there.  As a working mom,  I knew want to miss out on these occasions so I guess I never try to take it for granted when the opportunity is there to be with her.



A little chilly hayride ended the afternoon fun.
and the kids even tried out the maze...due to my allergies I watched.
The next week was grandparen'ts day at school and the kids put on a little play.  AB got to be Tardy Tilly and she did a great job displaying her acting chops.
Afterwards they both gave the grandparents and great-grandparents a tour of their school



The week ended with AB's last volleyball game.  Her proud coach...
and the whole team did a great job!
That night we headed up to Ouachita for homecoming with family.  We always go to see Tiger Tunes each year and this was June's first time to come too.  They always laugh at all the costumes and songs and leave wanting to go to my Alma Mater.


This year as an added treat Barrett Baber another alumni took the stage after the show for a little concert.  We made it have way but the girls were going down and so were the mommas after that long night.

A little soccer game in the Rock with Lila.
We kicked off the next week with crazy hair and sock day at school for spirit week.  



And a soccer game by our own soccer star.  This girl is finally starting to get the hang of the game so there is no stopping her now!

And to end the week we turned in our entries for the Book Character Pumpkin contest.  It was a late night for us trying to put the finishing touches on these guys but we were all proud of the final result.


B's santa from "The Night Before Chistmas"
and AB's "Fancy Nancy"

On Tuesday we attended the Harvest Texarkana Food Festival and got to try out all kinds of crazy treats...we left with full tummies and an appreciation for all the local food spots.

We even bumped into Bobo and Sheshe while we were there.
Now on to the "real" party we have been patiently waiting for!

No comments: