Thursday, September 28, 2017

Livin on Beach Time!

Well so much for the long night's sleep...I stayed up talking with my sis, brolaw and husband til about 1am...but even so the girls and I hit the road about 9am to meet Penny for a last minute trip to the beach.  Mitch couldn't go due to work and the festival coming up so he told us to go and have fun and that we did.  I had never taken off by myself that far with the girls but we were so excited to get out of town that I didn't hesitate.  We took off from Hot Springs and Penny from Hope and met up in Jackson Mississippi.  Then continued our road trip on down making a late arrival on to 30A.  But it is never too late for a swim, in your clothes, in the dark, especially when the pool has cool strobe lights!
All 4 of the kiddos were wet in no time and we stayed up talking late into the night, it is a nice feeling knowing you don't have to get up early!
We hit the beach first thing the next day for some fun in the sun. 
She looks like a pro surfer in her cap and board...cute kid right there!
Living like it is the weekend all week long!

That night we ordered pizza and stayed in for some games and movies!


And the next morning we spent time at the pool laying out and then lunch on the patio. 


Being on the beach just kind of makes you happy...

and snow cones from Frosty Bites makes me happy!  Dinner and a little late night treat!

We decided to go for a little walk on the beach early one morning..can't believe I got them out of bed!
And then a bike ride is always a must on 30A.  We love the fact that we have plenty of trails to ride in any direction.  The whole group went for a spin that afternoon.
The bicycle built for two but where one does all the work...that was the case here.  I paddled this child all over the beach.  It made for a good workout though.

We even found a few sea treasures while we were there.
These two bathing beauties light up the beach wherever they are.

 
That afternoon I took all the kids to Seaside where the boys got to play a little ball and the girls took a hip hop class at Seaside school.  Then we went for a treat afterwards...

Seaside school is just the cutest thing..I wish I could go there!

These girls did a great job, they jumped right in there and didn't miss a beat.
Just a little silliness took place with this group and as usual B was right in the middle.
The next morning I convinced the girls to go on a bike ride with me.  Well we were doing so good we just kept going and going and then we realized we had to go back.  It made for a long, HOT ride but we made it around 6-7 miles round trip with these two.  That called for some amazing ice cream afterwards to cool down of course.


I love all the scenery on this bike trail it makes the excerise part so much more enjoyable.
The next morning...they were not having it...this is all I got from them when I asked if they wanted to go back!
But luckily that afternoon we made our way out again and even luckier was the fact I didn't have to pedal her!
First girls trip was a success..here's to many more in the future.  I guess if dad wants to come along though we won't argue.


A little bike ride to breakfast and then crafts.

The original starfish artist was there to help the girls make their own signature starfish.

They turned out pretty cute!
This might have been the clearest day on the water.  It appeared so bright blue just like last year in Mexico.
We soaked up some time in the sun that morning before taking off for a little lunch drive down the highway to Alys Beach.

I had never had the opportunity to try George's but heard others rave about it and it did not disappoint.
Cutest lunch dates around!



one of my all time favorite lunches!  It was the salad sampler, quoina salad, hummus, pasta and my foarite the cucumber and tomato salad!  So yummy...


and the girls thought so too!  AB said those were the best shrimp she has ever eaten!

A little afternoon exploring down 30A




And then back to the beach for our last afternoon of fun.


Just love all the action shots..the smiles on their faces.  It is why I couldn't even decide which ones to post!
Nope not ours but we did watch the class that made it and I think we are professionals now!

Love!!  This child is always so happy I hope and pray she never ever changes! 
My two little mermaids and I spent the whole evening on the beach with the whole group.  We sat their for hours visiting into the dark soaking up every last second.
Since we didn't do any formal beach pictures this year all dressed up I took some action shots of the girls.  It seems year after year these are my favorite ones from the beach anyways.  So for this year here are our more fun and way less stressful favorites!










I mean the faces I got in these I could make into a flip book.  It was way too hard to press delete on the camera so I saved them all.



And I just love the sunset in the background as the girls played in the sand for hours that evening.  so happy and so content just being in the moment. 




Proof we were here 2017!
And thanks to these boys who made for some great big brothers to my girls all week.  They were such sweethearts and this mom enjoyed a little boy time for a change as well. 
Our trip home was a long one just the three of us but we stopped for some traveler photos I have always wanted to take along the way.
These two girls make my heart so happy!  Loved every second of our time together.
Just a little summary of some of my favorite moments from our week at the beach!  These girls always make time with them my favorite time.   
So farewell beach time and hello crunch time...until next year when we will surely be back.  (Hopefully with dad this time!)

No comments: