Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Brookhill 2017/ B's Grandparent get away!

Summer was off to a great start and before I knew it we were ready for camp.  AB was so excited she couldn't wait to get to Brookhill, but first we had to get that famous trunk ready.  AB and Miss Aimee did all the design work on it.  She picked out every detail to make sure it was exactly what she wanted. We stayed up late that night cramming everything in there and then took off the next morning for a weekend on the lake before she left. 



We spent the entire Saturday afternoon out on the house boat with Aunt T and Uncle B.  He even had to tube us out there by jet ski to the island, which they thought was pretty cool1

We spent the afternoon playing in the cove and tubing.  Lake Ouachita is absolutely beautiful.
The girls even got to take a spin on the jet ski which was one of their favorite parts of the day.
And then just like that it was Monday and the long weekend was over.  Time to head to camp.  B had gone to Nana and Pop's place that morning for the week of swimming lessons and cousin time while AB was away.  She was all smiles as we pulled up to camp.
AB and Audrey...both girls first time at Brookhill but they never seemed to mind they were so excited if they were nervous we never knew it.
The week's schedule of activities...
And we worked so hard to fix up their cute little beds..top bunks of course.
My little Palomino was so ready for us to go!!

It was definitely my version of roughing it when I saw the cabins and the showers for the first time.  Funny how kids really don't care she was so excited it didn't matter where she was staying. 

All rigged up with her box fan since there is no AC.  She and Audrey even got the fans to face each other that way they had two fans blowing on them all night!  Snug as a little bug.



Little B was so excited to have some play time with the cousins.  She even got to spend the day in Little Rock at their pool one afternoon.

And take Jeep rides with Pop!
THis is just a little picture I came across recently and I just love it...it reminds me of that precious curly headed kiddo I adore.  I mean how cute is this kid!! Time flies.
And here she is all grown up and ready for swimming lessons in Arkadelphia.  She is doing so well and even jumping off the diving boards!
She did so well that she too moved up a level and is starting to master all the strokes.  She is an excellent freestyle swimmer already.
Then that Thursday we headed back up to Hot Springs to be close to AB and ready to see her already.  We took some one on one time with Nana and made her explore Magic Springs with us one afternoon.  We even managed to get her on a few rides..and wet, really wet!
B even had me talked into doing some with her!


All week I stocked the Brookhill social media pages for proof of my child, and hopefully all smiles.  I didn't see a thing until Thursday night this picture came up and if you look real real close you will see the little girl to the right with her head tilted all the way back and sunglasses and a bandana in her hair..yes I realize that no one else can find her but this mom did!!  I could tell she was being silly and having fun which made me happy but proof she didn't take my advice and jump in front of the camera every chance she got...probably just to spite me!
Just a picture of this beautiful place she called home all week long.
And Uncle Mark managed to send me this on Friday morning as he picked her cousin mason up from camp.  Which was proof she was smiling and even had fixed her hair..what a relief!
That afternoon we spent hanging out with cousins in Hot Springs. 

And then the next day we were there bright and early to pick her up.  She was so tired I didn't know what to think when we first saw her.  She looked so depressed I wasn't sure if she really had fun...


Just a  few cabin rules...
A picture of the lovely shower I spoke of earlier...funny how kids at home think they need all these electronics and material items yet you put them in this environment and they think it is the best thing ever!

And there she was right on the end at the closing ceremony.. I was so close I could almost touch her but every time she looked our way it looked like she was so upset.  I was a nervous wreck to talk to her and then..
as she rubbed her eyes I knew she was tired and most of all sad!

She got one last hug from the counselors
and a sweet memento and then she was all ours. 
I gave her one big hug and then it happened...the tears came and they didn't stop not only was she sad she was sad to see us!  Yes mom and dad...after all the worrying I did this week she just wanted us to leave and not take her with us!!!  She had the best time and wanted to stay longer, not sure at first how that made me feel but looking back I guess it is the best feeling because my girl loved her time getting closer to Christ and the new friends she made along the way.  In the end we just want our kids to be happy even sometime when that is a hard pill to swallow as a mom.

Such wonder camp counselors that made my girl right at home!!
And then we were on our way!
That night as the kids and husband slept I heard fire engine and police cars right by our condo.  I couldn't sleep wondering what was going on and as soon as I walked outside  you couldn't help but see it.  A whole row of homes were on fire.  A firework apparently set off the blaze that night and it was a scary sight no doubt.  So thankful everyone was ok and that no one working the fire was injured.
The next day we decided to take dad for a little family fun at Magic Springs.  We got to enjoy some extra time there over the 4th of July Weekend and my sister and her family met us there for a day of fun!


That night we went to Oaklawn park where they had live music, games for kids and lots of food and fireworks!

Did I mention fireworks?  Yes thanks to  a booth there we got to really see them explode!
And then we headed back that 4th of July to help with our annual fireworks display at our church.  The night starts off with the Annual bike parade around the parking lot.  The girls had their bikes all decorated and ready to go.



And then afterwards they spent the entire evening with me working the snow cone booth.  They loved getting to help out so much that I couldn't get them to leave until we finally shut it down hours later.



Cousin love with Lydia.
 They did make sure to take time out for a little refueling with some of the product..I'm sure it was for quality!




Proud of these girls and their hard working attitudes.  They give me something to be proud of everyday!
And the night ended with a bang...lots and lots of bangs. The church always puts on a great show and this year was one of the best yet.  The whole community gathers around the church to watch with thousands in attendance.  I love this tradition we have started and so glad the girls are now involved in helping make it a success.  As usual dad was pulling the train at lightning speeds around the lot all night so we couldn't get his picture!
 
Thankful, grateful, and blessed...this phrase is over-used on many occasions, #hashtagged all the time on social media but never is it more appropriate then as I sat there that night watching all these people from all different walks of life come together to see these fireworks and listen to the national anthem as it played during the show.  I get chill bumps every year during the show thinking about the many brave men and women who came before us and are still fighting for US today.  I look back at this post of all the many things my children get to do and realize how lucky we are to be able to go, do and see all these sights unlike so many in this world.  So, yes, today I end this post thankful, grateful and blessed to be living in a country with so many freedoms and mostly because these children will grow up able to do, be or see anything because the possibilities are endless right her in the good ole USA!

No comments: