Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break

I decided to take a few days off the week of spring break to take Addie Blaire somewhere for her own little trip. We went to Little Rock to visit Aunt T, Uncle B, Aunt Bran, and Mason. We had such a good time. I was in need of some time away from work and spending time with her was just what I needed. I am enjoying her so much these days because she is so verbal and it is like having my little buddy with me all the time that just is so happy and always up for anything. We went to hang out with my friend Laci and her little baby boy, Mason. He is the cutest thing with that curly hair. I can believe how much he has grown since we saw him last. It was great to get to see them both.

I took Addie Blaire to Cupcakes on Kavenaugh after lunch. She wanted Sissie to come with us so she could have "cake" too. (She has named her two dolls Sissie and Lulu. I am not sure where she got "Lulu" but it is pretty catchy.) She couldn't get enough of the cupcake. I thought I would get a bite but I was wrong it looked really good though.

Addie Blaire and I went to visit my aunt at the public library where she works in Little Rock. She even showed Addie Blaire how to check out her first set of books. She also gave us a tour of the new history museum which was really interesting.

We took the kids to Playtime pizza and it was a crazy place full of kiddos and loud music. The kids were still a little young for most of it but we had a great time.
Dancing with the big kids
We took the kids to Jumpzone and had a blast. I can honestly say that I think I had as much fun as the kiddos did. I had to get in with Addie Blaire because she is still a little too small for it all. But I think Terri, Brandee, and I were the only parents in there with all the kids playing like we were one of them. I can't wait to go back! I was so glad to get to play with her doing something that we could both have fun together.
It looks like I was so scared in this picture I realize, but what actually happened is that some kid came flying down the slide and right as Terri was taking the picture he was nailing me in the back with his feet! (I never realized how dangerous jumpzone could be)
This is me and Addie Blaire on the way into this jungle like thing. It got pretty ugly after that, Brandee and I were laughing so hard trying to get out of this thing. I didn't know what to do at one point we were sitting in there with the kids and making an escape plan when two kids walked up and said "mommies what are you doing in here" it was pretty funny because we were wondering the same thing!
Aunt Bran and Mason
Addie Blaire decided that she wanted to give it a try on her own. She squealed the whole way down!!
A little pile up at the bottom of the slide!
We went to the zoo on Friday with Aunt T, Uncle B, Aunt Bran, and Mason. This time she was so much more involved with the animals. She really does know all of her animals now. She can say basically every animals name now. So it was fun to see her yelling out "snake or monkey" each time she saw one. However, after leaving whenever anyone asked her what she saw at the zoo all she ever says is the "elephant went peepee and poopoo" because we witnessed the craziest thing and I guess I was in such shock over the amount of waste that came out of this animal that that is all she remembers! Checking out the lizards, she still says "lizards scary" I tried to put the fear of snakes and lizards into her so she would stay away if she ever sees one.
I was so glad that we got ot spend some time with Aunt T, Uncle B, and of course Bufford. Addie Blaire can't wait to go back next time.
Me, Addie Blaire And Mason
Addie Blaire started to get so tired so she needed a little pick me up from Aunt T!

2 comments:

Melinda Fowler said...

What a wonderful spring break. You got some priceless pictures... you are so good at that!
Thank you for sharing!

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

So cute! We all need to have a great big play date!