Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter and My Bday!

Easter morning was fun for us because regardless of the downpour going on outside we still hid eggs inside. A friend had given me the idea to have the Easter bunny leave his eggs at your house that morning hidden for Addie Blaire to find. So she just had to find his eggs inside today because it was too wet for him to hide them outside this year. I fixed up her basket with some of her favorites, M&M's and gummies. After the hunt we went to church in Hope. My parents and Mitch's parents came over for lunch at the house that day for my birthday! My mom also made my favorite dessert as my cake this year. Four layer dessert!!! I love it, she makes it for me every year. She even made an extra because Mitch had invited some friends over for my birthday that night. The only problem was that he invited them over for an egg hunt and then forgot to check the weather so we had 30 something people in our extremely small home, oh what fun!! I think the kids did have fun though just running around and hanging out even if no eggs were found! Looking for her eggs from the Easter bunny.
Not the prettiest background for the pictures this year!
I attached this picture because I started this blog after Easter last year and never got to show Addie Blaire's pictures from last year. I also attached it as a reminder of the special time that Easter will always hold for us because it was last Easter Sunday that Mitch and I joined our church and Addie Blaire was baptized. It was such a wonderful day as we stood at the front of the church and they sang "He Lives". I remember standing there and just crying with joy as they sang. I can think of one verse that keeps coming to mind as I think back to that day and it is "For this is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Happy Easter!
This is the braclet she got from Nana and Pop for Easter.
These are a few pictures from the birthday gathering that night.
Boys will be boys and the Wii is great for them!

No comments: