Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!

I decided on my day of work last Tuesday to decorate the tree and boy did I get lots of help!! I didn't realize just how difficult a task this was to do alone with a 1 yr. old. She kept saying "ball, ball" unfortunately those balls were very nice breakable ornaments mom bought a few years ago. I guess I wasn't thinking when I loaded up at Silks a Bloom with this nice ornaments a few years ago that one day they might not be the best choice for children. I love my tree but needless to say it is less a few ornaments this year to a little "ball" throwing. Finally Addie Blaire and I decided it was in the best interest of all of us involved to put this nice new unbreakable ornaments on the bottom of the tree and the others way up high!! It is amazing how fast we got the tree up this year. It is a good thing for all the ribbon on the tree because it disguises all the big holes mom didn't take time to fix this year. Thanks Addie Blaire for all your hard work!

We decided not only did the tree need to be decorated but Addie Blaire looked much better draped in beads and pearls!

Addie Blaire putting her first Christmas ornament up on the tree! I have started to collect her ornaments for every year. So one day she will have them to decorate her tree! Mom found her the cutest one this year from Hallmark. It is a barn with farm animals, but not just any barn the Fisher Price barn that I had when I was a baby. Addie Blaire plays with it at her Nanas when she is there. She really loves the barn and all the animals. The other cool thing about the ornament is it even "moos" when you open the door.

Okay so maybe putting the ornament on the tree was a bad idea, but eating is a much better one!

No comments: