Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My little chatterbox.

I just wanted to post a little about some things that Addie Blaire is doing these days. I am so proud of her for all that she can do and say these days. She is almost 18 months now and weighs about 25.5 lbs. (I promise Addie I won't post this once you get a little older) She is talking all the time. She was on the way to the doctor last week and in the car she looked at me and said ear hurt. Sure enough because of her saying that I had the doctor look in her ear and she had an ear infection!! It is so nice that she can talk now because it makes it so much easier at times like this when she doesn't feel good. However I did learn one new thing about her. She can't take Benedryl. She apparently has the opposite effect than others and it wires her!! She didn't sleep for like 24 hours after taking several doses of it!! I was shocked because it knocks me out! She also is saying sentences now. She will get a ball and say "I got it!" She can almost say any name I ask her to say too! She saw a dog today and its name was Tiger. She looked at me and said "Mommy where is Pooh?" It was the cutest thing ever. She is so smart to make the connections that she does with objects that go together. She also can talk on the telephone now. I was in Dallas last week for a meeting and she and Mitch called me when she got on the phone she said "hello, mommy" I was ready that second to drive home and hug her. It is so much harder being away from her these days. Especially because Mitch said she walked around that entire day asking for me. Saying "Where's mommy" (she also does this adorable thing with her arms where she makes the gesture about a question like where" she tilts her head and throws those arms out) I guess she is going to be very animated when she talks. I don't know where she gets that from?? She can also count to 10. I mean it. She really counts to 10 and she can say part of her alphabet too! I am so proud of her. The kind of scary thing is she can understand what we are saying now. For instance, I asked her to go get me a diaper the other day out of her room. She looked at me went into her room and a few seconds later emerged with a diaper and said "here's diaper mommy." I am having so much fun with her because her personality is showing though more and more everyday. I can't wait to see what she is going to say and do next!

Addie Blaire is sporting here winter gear. She went with Angie, Griffin and I shopping in Texarkana. The kids did not care for the shopping much but sure did love Chick fil A playground which is where we ended up after about 30 minutes of trying to shop!
Poor thing she has the brightest blue eyes but as soon as she gets outside they completely disappear. She is so sensitive to light. We are going to have to get that baby some sun shades!
This is kind of what I mean about the arm expressions, she was talking when this pic was taken and is asking me "where's kitty cat?" (Too bad you can't see the cute argyle socks she was sporting.)

No comments: