Tuesday, June 25, 2019

A little Road Trippin...and some chilly good times!

First stop on vacay getaway...Big Cedar Lodge for a couple of days of wonderland memories.
A late night sleigh ride

A little ice skating well sort of...
And Silver Dollar City to see all the lights..along with the other 75,000 people that went that day.  Mitch may not see them ever again after that..ha!
The Christmas parade at SDC





making a little wax hand..


And more iceskating...


Then a little lunch and games at their entertainment center..AB and I were the only one brave enough..or dumb enough to try this.


Top of the Rock was on the top of my list of favorite activities.  I had no idea how cool this place was and we loved the freedom to play on our own ride.  It was a bit chilly but we had a good chauffeur!








Taking in the lights by night!




Then a little snowtubing to finish off our time in Branson before we headed to the Hill.  This place was so cool and it was the highlight of our trip.  I think we all enjoyed ourselves to the max!





Now for a few days in Fayetteville with family and exploring in NWA.
Fayetteville square


We even made it to our first Razorback game!!!

and got to me the whole gymnastics team

And stayed at a friends..who also has the most comfortable chairs in the world.  The girls slept in them!!
The next day we headed to the Bentonville square for our first trip to the Five and dime.  It was so neat seeing the history behind Walmart.
We even stopped in for some ice cream.
That next week AB had tryouts in Little Rock for Ballet Arkansas's summer intensive.  She and two friends auditioned for the program...and they all three were accepted!


We had to send in some head shots for her audition so this was my first time trying to do that.  The other mom's had professional ones taken so I was last minute of course and we had to do our own.  I thought they turned out pretty well, I am no professional but it is easy when you have a pretty object to photograph!




That next Thursday night was all about mom!!  I got to go to Justin Timberlake and I was so pumped.  A friend had a few extra tickets and extended the offer to us so Allison and I jumped on it!  I had wanted to go but just didn't buy tickets at first so we were thrilled with our seats and so pumped to see JT!!  It was awesome, loved every second!!

I even got to hang with my sis for a bit!

Man he can dance!!!  Enough said...

just a night out with friends..
Celebrating dad's bday on his bday at our favorite meet up spot!  WE love this guy big and are so grateful for all he does for us.  It was fun to have a new tradition for his birthday this year!
And to finish off this recap, I figured I would post a few Christmas decor pics...mainly so I can remember next year what i did.  It was hard trying to decorate a new place after so many years spent in the old house.  I always use this blog as my best memory keeper and it never fails that I am pulling out these pics the next year to figure out where I put what!  This home is smaller so the trees were a bit more condensed but we enjoyed them all the same!








AB's confirmation class went on several field trips to different churches throughout the program.  This Sunday we all met up at St. Luke's Episcopal Church.

Always a large time with these two....
First volleyball tournament in the snow in Conway.  The girls did well and learned a lot which is why we were all there.  Looking forward to a great season and some good memories with these girls!



No comments: