Thursday, May 3, 2018

Pop's 60th Bday!

The post actually starts out with a little weekend fun with friends in Hot Springs.  These girls had a great afternoon bowling and then doing the sky walk and laser tag.  Can you tell who won the round?  All smiles...

AB and Jillian were not afraid they went all over that place however B and I were a bit more hesitant. 
This is about as good as it got for us.  I did get her across the first bar but that was all she wanted.  Now she asks to go back all the time because she wants to finish...we shall see but one thing I know is I am not coming after her.  I was a high level ropes course instructor at camps in the summer in college and I learned real quick heights were not my friend!

Ready to take on the boys!
The next Friday night we planned a surprise party for my dad for his 70th birthday.  My mom, sister and I worked out the details and decided on a small group because we knew that is something he would enjoy.  We all got to the Fish Net in Arkadelphia early and when he walked in boy was he surprised.  He loved being greeted by his fan club!!
And then to his surprise his friends were waiting just around the corner!
We had a great meal...I forgot how much I love this place!

And then I had Amanda in my office make one of her spectacular birthday cakes...only problem was Terri lost the 7...luckily my engineer wiz of a brother in law came to the rescue and the hush puppies were put to good use.  By the way they have the best hush puppies ever!!
Classic DAD....I think he liked it better that way.

These girls were so excited to pull off this surprise and see Pop.  Job well done ladies!
Attempts at a family photo...We tried!

It was  great night back at their house hanging out after the party.  So blessed to do life with this whole crew!

No comments: