Thursday, May 3, 2018

Father/Daughter Dance Weekend!

The annual Father Daughter Dance is finally here.  I am on the committee and this year we decided to move up the date from summer to Valentine's weekend.  That way all the dads could take out their special ladies for a fun evening away.  The girls were sooo excited.  They love this event each year.  This year they both wanted to wear red for Valentine's and we were able to find two of the cutest dresses.  
A few quick pics before I had to head out the door to set up. 

This year the dance just so happened to fall on Lila's birthday.  So since we were already committed to having to be there she decided to join us.  We tried to make sure it was a birthday she wouldn't forget.  They even all sang happy birthday to her on the dance floor.  She danced the entire night so I think she was happy!

Uncle B with his lady loves!

My big girl is getting so big...I see it as I compare the pictures from year to year.  She still loves to come and was so excited to be in a pair of heels for the evening.
Cutest pair...minus little B who couldn't be contained.  She was all over the place that night.

As you can see by the lipstick speared all over her face she was having a good time and looked beautiful doing it!
Dad found a way to dance with both ladies all night!  Two lucky girls but I believe he just might be luckier to have these two on his arms and in his heart!
Action shots are my fav...and B was ready to break lose.

I thought the committee did such a good job setting up and decorating.  It was really precious inside the room.  My pictures don't do it justice...

Ab and Jillian
B and Abigail


Time to kick off the shoes and dance!

Walking the red carpet with these two lovely ladies...framer for sure!!
and an after party selfie to end the night. 
Just a little pic my parents sent me from a trip to Degray Lake Zoe took with them one afternoon.
The next morning after the dance we were up early because we were headed to celebrate Lila's bday at the diamond mine.  She decided to hold off on her party til later when it warmed up but she had been begging to come hunt for diamonds...so we did.  It wasn't the best weather, but apparently the best weather for finding diamonds as they told us.  The rain didn't stop these girls from trying.






The whole family did their part...unfortunately (or actually being truthful) fortunately Mitch and I had to leave early to get ready for the Heart Ball that night in Texarkana so we missed some of the fun.  I must say after getting these pics I was okay with that!

That afternoon these lovely ladies and I spent getting all dolled up for the evening.  We even had our own hairstylist come to help us out.  I think that was my favorite part of the evening...lost of laughs in that bathroom getting ready and trying out some new hairstyles!
Not my favorite pic of myself but it is the only ones we took.  The braid going down the back of my hair was so pretty wish the pictures showed it off a little better...thanks Jen!

The only pic taken with the hubby all night.  I wish we had tried harder to get a normal photo but this is as good as it gets.
Fun night with friends so glad to get to spend it with this crew!
The next morning we were on the road to pic up the girls in Arkadelphia.  We made it just in time for the tea party.  These girls worked hard on their cupcake creations!

I think these girls have a future in the bakery business...and the tasted as good as they looked!

Great weekend for the whole family!!!  Lots of love to go around!

No comments: