Sunday, June 19, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We spent the Memorial day weekend on the lake and the girls got plenty of boat time. This was Brit Brit first time on the lake and she did a great job. She napped, she ate, she napped and she ate a little more. The kiddos got a chance to to do some tubing and we even got to eat some craw fish (or at least everyone else did) at the annual craw fish broil.




Britann watching big sis and cuz show their skills on the tube.Mason and Addie Blaire tubing on the new tube the Easter bunny brought Bobo. I don't know if you can tell in this picture but we taught the kids the ole thumbs up or thumbs down thing in regards to speed up or down. Well Mason seemed to get it but Addie preferred to use her index finger like in this picture. It was pretty darn cute!Hanging out on the boat, by the way I love my new hat thanks to the Woodruff's and Bud! You guys in such a unique and endearing way have brought so much attention to such a worthwhile cause!


Just in case anyone wants to call me out on this yes she was technically wearing her life jacket. I just adjusted it for the picture (I know you will say something mom) so I thought I should just go ahead and throw that out there.


Mitch had this picture on his phone of Brit one day after she woke up from her nap and was just sitting in her crib. Just couldn't resist posting this of my big little girl. She is doing so well with sitting up and is even (at almost 9 months) trying to crawl. She is talking all the time and some of it is actually making sounds. I know she has said Momma and Dadda both and she has definitely said "hi" but not so much in response to either of us just out of the blue. I can't wait for the day that she looks at me and says it because I know it is coming very soon! Just a quick update because I know that I haven't done the best job with that. She went to the doctor at about 8 months and she weighed 17 lbs. She smiles all the time!! She has a little smile that just lights up her whole face. I have been trying to video that smile as often as I can because it makes my day every time i see it. She loves her big sister and the best sure fire way to get her giggling is to have Addie walk into the room and just start dancing and being silly. She loves that girl! I know that the interaction between the two of them will only get better, but for now just the little moments of seeing her kiss Brit on the head or curl up next to her on the bed are enough to make me feel so happy and content.

No comments: