Saturday, October 24, 2009

Race for the Cure and a few other things!

We have been having a lot of fun with Addie Blaire the past few weeks and here are just a few pictures that I had to post....
Addie Blaire is loving her dance class!! She really gets excited each week to go, partly because they get a treat after every class. (She even glances over at the table where the candy is frequently during each class just waiting to get her hands on it!) I finally found some dance clothes to fit her, so I had to take a few pictures in her ballet clothes.

She is even improving in her dancing skills, she is trying so hard to keep up with all the big kids in the class. She dances around the house on her tiptoes with her hands on her shoulders just like in class. She even says "doors, windows, roof and the arms come down" just like her teacher does in class when learning her arm positions. I love going to watch her each week, it is the highlight of my day because I can't stop smiling watching those all those sweet little girls.

She sure loves to put on a show for me too because she knows I am watching her through the windows, so she hams it up a little extra sometimes.

I am thinking she is looking a little proud of herself in this picture, like "yeah mom, I know your taking pictures so check out this move!:)


We spent last weekend with my sister in Little Rock on Friday night and Aunt Brandee watched Addie Blaire on Saturday night so Mitch and I could go to a shower. We even got to do a little shopping after the race. We got pretty creative, since Addie needed a nap the 3 of us took turns shopping together while one sat in the car with her sleeping. It worked pretty well and we all found some great bargains or at least that is what Mitch thinks!!
This is a picture of the Fowler girls after the race. It was a early morning because we walked with the Ace Glass group (thanks to Lindsey for the really cute shirts!) and we had breakfast with the group before the race and then jumped in line a little late on the walk . I love doing this each year because breast cancer runs in my family and I can think of no better way to celebrate being a woman and walking for all those that have battled this terrible disease. This was Addie Blaire's first race and she loved all the excitement, the firetrucks, the bands, the cheerleaders, and even all the motorcycles, but what she didn't love was her stroller!! So I definitely got more of a workout than I signed up for because I carried her for a majority of the race! She had fun though so that is all that matters.

This is a picture of the Fowler Girls or as Addie says these days "the family." She is very interested in who is in her family. She hugs on Mitch and I at the same time saying we are a family, wanting Mitch to kiss me and then she kisses him and so on. It is a daily ritual around our house, so on Friday night at dinner when Aunt T informed her as she was telling them that me, and mommy and daddy were a family, that she too was part of Addie Blaire's family it really got her to thinking. So now she has to go though the whole family when we talk about it. For instance, in the car on the way home the other day she started to ask me about who was "Ellie's mommy's name and went through all the kids she knows asking their mom and dad's names. She was so interested to learn about how the kids were related, and how the whole brother and sister thing worked out having to share a mom and dad. It was really a very enlightening conversation for her I think. So thanks Aunt T for opening her eyes to a whole new world. Thanks to Aunt Bran for watching her she has stopped talking about eating pizza with "mas!"

We brought plenty of snacks for the race, which also worked to entice her back into the stroller at times!

The weekend before we had a Razorback watch party at the Maneth's and I couldn't resist getting a picture of all the kids in there razorback gear. This is most of them or at least the ones we could plea with to sit long enough for us to take a picture.



Three future cheerleaders - Addie Blaire, Ellie, and Lilly!

No comments: