Thursday, October 1, 2009

The best present after a bad day!

I had a bad week a couple of weeks ago, when I started having some stomach pains. I wasn't really sure what was causing it so I went to see a gastro doctor. He scheduled me for some tests, only to find out through a cat scan of my abdomen that my appendix was about to rupture!!! I guess I have a little higher pain tolerance that I though I did, according to the doctor that is. Anyways, a day later I was in surgery so it was a pretty scary thing for me. I had never been put to sleep and it really freaked me out!! I didn't really know what to expect, but when I woke up they were ready to get rid of me at the hospital. It was kind of surreal that just a couple of hours after surgery I was driving home!! I have three different incision places and they were very sore, but we made it home safely and with lots of help to the car! Janice had stayed with Addie Blaire the day of surgery and when I pulled into the drive that afternoon this is what I found.....
my beautiful baby girl had worked so hard to make this, with a little help and even cooked me some great food too!

These are a few pictures from a trip to the country club. We were enjoying the last few days of summer and the last days of living so close to the club. We will be moving across town and have sold our house so we will miss all of our trips to the club to ride around and even going to see the alligator everyday! (There are several alligators in the pond there and we go to see them almost everyday. The baby one is so cute and it will swim right up to you if you let it, which by the way we don't .) We have loved these lazy days of summer and Mitch always loves to get some practice in with Addie Blaire at the course. He is convinced that she is going to be a golfer, simply because he says she doesn't even have to be that great to get a scholarship for college in golf. We shall see about that, but for now he is on the right track because she loves it and even has her own clubs!
This is serious stuff, perfecting her swing!


but what she really likes is running through the greens and playing in the sprinklers.



oh and the "sprites" she gets with cherry arent' too bad either!

1 comment:

Melinda Fowler said...

What Sweet Pictures!! I hope you are felling good again! What a special treat to come home to.

Good luck with your move. Hope all goes well with it. I look forward to seeing pics if you post some.