Sunday, October 4, 2009

Football Season is Here, Go Hogs Go!

We went up for the Georgia game in Fayetteville a couple of weeks ago with Addie Blaire I must say it was a lot of fun, a little hectic, and very tiresome but totally worth it! We went on Friday night to eat with the Kestner's at their cool new resturant, Mellow Mushroom. Actually, it has been arond awhile but we missed their grand opening and this was our first time to try it out. It was great pizza and Addie Blaire loved the fun decor and live music. They even brought their new baby to eat with us and he is too cute! I think it will have to be a stop for us each time we are in town! We stayed with Justin and Lauri, who are always so great with Addie Blaire. Here are a few pictures from the weekend...

Justin and Addie passing some time while waiting for the pizza.


Posing with the "mellow mushroom".

Okay, so I have to explain this picture.. We went to tailgate before the game with some friends and so Addie Blaire was having so much fun we decided to walk over to the area where the players come though to check it out. The Razorback was there and (last year when we took her to a game she loved him) so I decided to get Lauri to take a picture of Addie giving the razorback a high five. Well she has apparently decided since then that he is a little scary, so she started screaming and crying and grabbed my neck and wouldn't let go. This picture was just too funny because it was a total disaster, razorback not knowing what to do, addie crying and me laughing at the whole akward situation! She now will tell you that "the razorback gave me a high five and I cried." Oh well, maybe next year!

Watching the team come by, she loved the cheerleaders. It was at this point that it finally clicked for her what she was wearing, and that is when she decided that she needed some pom poms.

Dinner befor the game.


She has been practicing calling the Hogs for months now, so it was so cute to see her really do it with the crowd. She didn't know what to think when everyone around her was doing it. I think up until then she believed she was the only one who was supposed to do it, or at least that is how it goes at our house. She really got into it though!

It makes me smile just to look at this picture because it shows how much fun she was having at that point in time. So for all the grandparents this is the video that I didn't take, but you still get the idea of just how much she loved it!

She really liked the fireworks after each touchdown, so it is a good thing we left before the 3rd quarter because there wasn't much to be fired up about after that!

Doing her best "wooooo...."

A time out for some dippin dots, a great way to pass the end of the 1st quarter...

and a trip to buy some pom poms, a great way to pass the first of the 2nd quarter....

then back in the stands for the end of 2nd quarter, as you can tell we didn't sit too long in the stands, hard to keep a 2 year old stationary for very long!

giving it one last call before half time, but now with cool pom poms!



This is when she woke back up at the house after the game in her comfy tshirt (with dippin dots stain) and diaper. I must say it was just as tough on us though and quite relaxing to watch the end from the Lester's. (by the way she is actually saying cheese for the camera, it was a first for her to acutally look at me and let me take her picture, so proud!)

These pictures are from the Gentry's house last weekend. We went to see them for the weekend after I got back from a meeting in Dallas last week. We watched the Alabama game with them and the kids had fun having there own game party with Cheetos! Griffin even stopped by with Ronnie to hang out with Addie Blaire and Collins.

Addie's face in this picture reminds me of her dad's when he was watching the game also. It was quite a grim face after that loss!

Hanging out with Collins.


I am posting this picture because this is one reminder to myself of a bad mistake in parenting that I made recently. I taught Addie Blaire how "to scratch". I thought it was so nice of me telling her how to help herself when something was itching because I kept catching her rubbing her mosquito bites up against my shirt or something to scratch, it made me feel so sorry for her. I simply showed her with her fingers how to do the same thing on her own. Well now, she scratches her bites all the time. She even wakes up in the middle of the night calling for "mommy to scratch it!" It is pretty funny, but probably not the best habit to get her into doing because these poor bites will not go away now.

No comments: