Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Watermelon Festival - "Hey wait on me guys!"

I had decided to run in the Watermelon 5k several months ago, but with the week I had leading up to the race I wasn't sure if I was going to run or not. The morning of the race I woke up and decided to do it anyway. I hadn't had the chance to run that week or even the week before so I was a little nervous I wouldn't be able to run the whole race. I have been trying to run when I get the chance the only problem is that it is only normally once or twice a week at the most that I am able to do so. I actually really enjoyed running in the race it had been awhile since I had done one and was relieved to realize that I was able to finish. (not without a little encouragement, thanks Robyn carter for pushing me through the finish line.) AND BEST of ALL, I actually won a medal in my age division. I know, I was completely shocked myself, there must have only been three of us in my division but still none the less it is on display at my house, proudly the only medal I will probably ever win!! I finished in 30 minutes and something. A decent showing considering my lack of training. After the race, everyone said their kids were doing the mile run (actually it is just over 1/2 a mile) so I went and picked up Addie Blaire and she came ready to run! "G" met us there and walked it along side her, she did a really good job of trying to keep up even though she was a little young for the concept. She even said at one point "hey, wait on my guys!" It was too funny because her little legs just couldn't keep up. She did win her own little medal though, amazing they even get one when they finish LAST!! Don't worry baby, we will train and get them next year. For those that have witnessed Addie Blaire's run it is very unique, she sort of twists as she runs, it is too cute but doesn't make her the fastest in the bunch. Here are some pics from her big race and the watermelon afterwards.

Addie Blaire, like her mother started off strong, it was the finish that was tough for us both.
She was so proud of her medal.
The big runners, ready to celebrate with watermelon!
Addie Blaire loves some watermelon so it is a good thing she lives in the watermelon capitol of the world.
Enjoying her snack with her cousin Lilly.
Getting ready for the watermelon golf tournament party. She stole the show with her dance moves on the dance floor. It was just too bad that she was the only one dancing, although she never cared she just kept right on going.
She got her 2nd haircut a week or so before the picture. She actually has a few little swoop bangs now and it is getting pretty long, so we are trying some new hairstyles these days.

No comments: