Monday, February 4, 2019

Last day of school!!!

I have tried my hardest to get these pictures organized but the truth is I really don't remember what order they go in at this point.  I have gotten so behind in my blogging that I really don't remember myself.  So I will do my best to recap our last few weeks of school year 2018 as I sit here and write this n 2019!!  Just a bit behind but I am determined to get back on track.  So much has happened this year and want to make sure I document it all!
My last run with my girl Julie!!  It was several years of early morning jogs with these ladies that turned into quite the friendship.  I certainly wouldn't have gotten out of bed for anyone else that early or run another 26 miles, but Julie is something special and I am so glad we all got to do that together before she left to be a missionary in the Philippines.  I sure am going to miss our early morning runs and most of all our chats!  These ladies pushed me further than I thought possible and I am so grateful for their friendship!  
Our last games of softball began to wrap up.  The cousins were out of school so they came down to hang out and watch a little ball!
I got old!  HA!  I knew the day was coming but I wasn't quite prepared for it yet.  I had to get glasses!  Just for reading write now but none the less my 20/20 days are gone!
Mother's Day 2018, I asked the family to take a little road trip that day with me to just get out of the house.  Mitch and I were in the midst of making some pretty big decisions for our family and I just really wanted to get outside.  We took a day trip to Cossatot Falls and we were shocked at how amazing this place was.  We spent the whole day climbing rocks and playing in the water.  Seriously, it was just what this momma needed on her day.  Love that my family is always up for my silly adventures!

Memorial Day weekend 2018 with the cousins on the lake.  This was our first weekend of summer in the new house so we had lots of fun hanging out on the lake.  At one point our house was so full of kiddos that I lost count at 15...but that is just why we wanted this place was to make lots of fun memories.  So excited for our first summer at the new house!
The girls and uncle Mark took a ride on a jet ski!
Yes, all the moving parts in this photo were with us...not sure the picture captures all million of the kiddos that were in motion at one time...boaters beware!

Last day of school pictures with the teachers...these should be going at end of post but too lazy to move them all around!  AB and Mrs. Alexander her homeroom teacher.  She is really going to miss her!
And the new principil Mrs. Zumwalt who has been her teacher for the past couple of years.
Last day in school uniforms!  Not sure how sad they were over this but I know this momma sure was.  The girls got a little bit emotional as we pulled out of the driveway but were greeted with lots of smiles at school which made it easier.
Not sure where this came from but too cute not to include my little BB.
After school that last day we had our end of school pool party at church.  June was around so she got to enjoy the fun with us!
A day with the family in Little Rock to watch my two superstar nieces dance the day away!
Selfie scary!! Like mother like daughter..she styled our hair to match.
B and Mrs. Beaty in matching glasses!  She had a great year was a wonderful teacher!
Just a few cute friends ready to soak up summer!
On the last week of school I made sure to go by and see the girls at lunch.  I wanted to soak up every bit of these girls last moments at GMCS.
These two alwasy have fun together...two peas in a pod!
Celebrating Nana's birthday after a night of softball!

And that's what my soon to be 6th grader and 2nd grader look like after a long year.  These two girls have enjoyed it to the fullest.  So grateful to GMCS for taking such good care of them and can't wait to see what is in store next year!


End of school color wars between the classes.  The girls did their best competing for their classes.  





And that is a wrap to another great year...so much is all about to change but so thankful for all the great memories this school has brought us.  Even 8 months later as I type this up I still get emotional, but I am so happy that we have so many good memories to look back on during our time at GMCS.  It will always hold a special place in my heart!

No comments: