Saturday, February 23, 2019

AB summer camp 2018

B went for two weeks this summer to Kids' College while I worked.  It is nice to have her around as I spent my final days at the college.  The girls have always loved their time at Kids' College each summer and this summer was no exception.
That Thursday night I headed up to our lake house with some pals to celebrate or mourn our sweet friend Julie leaving for the Philippines this summer.  We had a great night of hanging out, breakfast, spa time and even a little lake time before we had to head home.  So thankful for Julie's friendship for several years and all the early morning runs which lead to another marathon...I never would have thought that possible!

This girl was so proud of all her projects for the week!
And yet another action picture...not sure who this one ended up here but one more base run for this girl!
Father's day activities with Bobo, Pop and Dad.  We met Bobo for lunch that weekend followed by a day on the lake with dad. We spent time with Pop as well but for some reason I couldn't find the pic!


These two girls love their daddy!  Their world turns around this guy and the feeling is mutual.  I know he wouldn't trade either of these girls for a ugly ole boy any day!

Dinner by boat that evening, a perfect ending to an awesome day!
And the next morning we were off to take AB to camp.  We met up with Audrey and headed to Brookhill.  Can you tell these two are excited?
And then this...the wait line for Brookhill each year is always something to behold.  Just one more  of those traditions we get to experience each summer at drop off.
And then they were off...these two Thoroughbreds are ready for an awesome week...
But first as usual we have to do a little rigging on the bed, box fan and all the other goodies that will make this girl comfortable while we are gone.



OH no..another week without my girl! What will I do with myself????
I know I will have my niece down for the week and between she and B, I won't have time to think about her being gone!  Lila came for a week of Kids' College with B and we packed a lot in those few hours!
We even showed her our favorite pet alligator in the pond at the country club! Ha Aunt T may not let her come back!
The one glimpse I got of my girl during the week at camp.  I strained my eyes trying to find pictures of her through the week and then this popped up.  Her first time trying out the horses and she loved it.

June even got to come down for a day or two and they spent some time at the library with Aunt T one day.


These two are too cool for school!

That night we had B's last hoorah with her softball team at Pizza Hut.  Silly girls!


And then before we knew it, it was time to pick AB up!  My mom, sister and nieces went along for the ride.  They had never been to Brookhill so they wanted to check it all out!  We made it just in time for the closing ceremony.
AB and Audrey with the camp director.
Lots of happy and sad tears from my girl that day...so sad it is over but had the best time so that makes it hard on this girl to leave!

She even got to be friends with my friend Jessica's oldest daughter.  So cool to see these two together!
The cousins were all ready for a camp tour so this girl cheered up and showed them around.
Her camp counselors for the week...she had the best time with her whole cabin!


And then it was time to pack up these two and their trunks and head out...until next year!
The girls and Nana spending the night together during the week.
So after camp pickup we felt we needed some good ole sunshine and happy times!  The girls spent the entire afternoon on the lake and played until they passed out that night!

We are loving our time at the lake house this summer.  Our house is in a cove so we get to paddleboard, paddleboat, and play all day in the water.  It is so nice to have this space to spend our summers...I know lots of awesome memories are ahead!

So thankful for this sweet friendship and all the memories these girls have made together each summer.  They don't live in the same town anymore so this special week together means even more.  Looking forward to another summer camp experience next year!!

No comments: