Saturday, February 23, 2019

Dance Recital and Aimee's Big Day!

     Every year the girls dance recital is the highlight of our kickoff to summer.  It is something they have worked for all year and we are so proud to see the improvement they make each year.  I was so excited to watch these two dance as I knew this would be their last recital with Mrs. Gayle.  I will get to more of that in the next few posts.
AB all ready to ballet across the stage, my gorgeous ballerina!
B was ready too...she is doing so much better this year at remembering her routines!



Tapping to the patriotic theme of the recital
These are a wee bit out of place but I found them in my pictures and had to share.  The girls presented these to me on mother's day this year.  The church group got up during the service and sang a song to the mothers and then each one took turns telling what made their mom so special.  These were the cards my girls made me..its the little things for sure!



In between the craziness of dress rehearsal and a recital these two girls had another very important job.  They had to be flower girls in Miss Aimee's wedding or maybe I should say Mrs. Aimee's wedding.  Aimee has been a staple in the girls' lives for many years and we would have never wanted to miss this so I was thrilled we were able to work it all out and be there for both events that weekend.  We are so thrilled she and Hayden are finally getting married!

The sweet bracelets she gave the girls.
We love our Ellie!

Over the years at dance in Texarkana, the girls have made many friends, so thankful for these friendships and all the precious memories!

Jazz costume this year for AB>  
Picture overload coming but this little costume was my all time favorite!  B even loved it as you can tell by all the attitude in the pictures.  
I loved the costumes this year!!  This sailor was precious!
And we are always thankful for all the family that comes every year to support our girls!



And then we rushed out of there and headed straight for the wedding!  The girls still in full makeup from the recital.  This was the first year the girls were both in the same recital so that worked out perfectly for making it back that evening for the wedding...mascara and all!




It was a wee bit hot and sticky outside that day but these two sparkled in their precious dresses!




It was a beautiful wedding and so well deserved for a girl that has loved that boy for years.  They waited through 4 years of college to get married and it was so worth the wait.  These two girls will never forget being a part of Aimee's big day.  It was a dream come true for them.


OH and somehow we managed to squeeze in softball between recital practice and rehearsal dinner!  Busy weekend for sure!



And now I'm tired just remembering the hectic weekend we had and that was months ago given I am so behind on my blogging!

No comments: