Thursday, April 27, 2017

Feelin' the Love!

February brought some happier memories and lots of fun and love for this whole crew.  It started with this guy.  I spent some time this year at the Capitol has a liaison for my campus and system office.  We had a tailgating party for the U of A system one night got to enjoy some time with all those Hog fans.
AB got to spend the night at a friend's cabin for her birthday which was apparently a lot of fun given the amount of stories she came home tellin gthe next morning.


That same night dad and I got out of the house to attend a gala in Texarkana.   It was a fun night and the band was amazing.
Then the next day we headed up to little rock for a concert we had been waiting on for months.  Eric Church was in town and our friend, Lee had gotten  box for his girlfriend's 40th bday so we were invited to sit with them.  It was a fun night with the hubby and friends listening to some good music, which we don't do often enough!

Terrible pic but it was the only one we got that night!
 


 

And these two cuties spent the night with the grandparents and even got to go to church with them the next morning.
ON the way home the next day I saw a post on Facebook saying that the local animal shelter was in desperate help of fosters for dogs or they would be forced to put some down.  Back to my love of animals, I couldn't say no even though I feared our own 3 legged 14 year old dog would not be happy with me I had to give it a try.  In comes ,Opal...I mean Opal for a dog but that is what they had named her.  Well she became a part of our house from the moment she entered...and there was no saying no after that.  But it wasn't quite as easy as I would have thought.  For one the girls weren't used to a wild, puppy that jumped and ran and bit and played they had always had Zoe.  Which Zoe did use to do all those things even on 3 legs but not since either of these two could really remember in her older years.  Secondly, a rescue group out of Minnesota had tagged her for pick up that Friday so she was to leave with them, even though they had no home for her the local shelter didn't want to change their plans because once they were tagged by a rescue it was a done deal  or so we thought.  That Friday morning Mitch and I took her back to the shelter for pick up the next day.  As the worker noticed we had become attached and so had the dog as I had to lead her into the pen I started to cry.  Well I did what I said I would and I left thinking we would never see her again. But just as things sometime do opposite of what we had recently experienced they have a way of working out.  Well Opal as they called her made a great escape, one they have never seen a dog get out of this pen but she did and she was headed straight back to our house when someone picked her up, which by the turn of events happened to be one of my student workers!  I mean this is where the story really gets crazy, she didn't realize it was the same dog I had been talking about all week and returned her to the shelter well because they see so many dogs they didn't recognize her either and thus they sent her back to the vet to be re-wormed and shots!  Poor thing had a traumatic day, well by the time the local rescue employee got her back, figured out who she was and what dramatic attempts she had gone to be with our family they made a call.  It was a call that I won't forget when they said never mind obviously there is a hand at work in this that is greater than you or I and we can't deny that she is meant to be a part of your family  I even let her be the one to tell the girls as they erupted into screams!  But we had to head out that very minute to Little Rock for the weekend so what to do with this new dog, well they let me borrow a kennel and off she went for her first long car ride!
Meet Good Luck Charlie!  Yes, she is a girl, and for those that aren't familiar with Disney channel there is a show about a 2 year old little blond girl named Charlie that my children just happened to be watching as we drove up to Little Rock that night.  It was mentioned "hey wasn't it good luck we got her and she looks like the little girl"...and the rest was history as they say Opal became Charlie in a chance of fate no one saw coming!
The girls in their indoor tent uncle b had fixed up for them..which was awesome by the way
and a little sneak attack from the tickle monster that night!
The next morning we got to celebrate Pop and Lila on their dual birthdays.  First with a painting party!


And later with the whole family including our newest addition.  This was a first meeting for Zoe and Charlie and with a few exceptions no blood was shed.  Zoe kind of likes that role as Alpha female of the house.
Then we headed over for Charlie's first hike up Pinnacle mountain.  I think she did better than the rest of us!  Great weekend of family time had by all celebrating these cool dudes on their bdays!

We returned home just in time to prepare for Valentine's day.  This is a pic of the awesome card AB made me for Valentine's and B made me one as well but I couldn't locate it for a photo.  So sweet that they both went out of their way to make me feel special.
And I tried to make dad feel special as well..just like I mentioned before on a budget!  I had signed up at work for a raffle item for a school club...well I won!  I thought hey this is such a cute basket and my husband and I are not really big Valentine's day gift givers I would surprise him and pass it off like I had put it all together for him.  Well that worked for about 5 seconds until he starting pulling out the O'Reilly auto parts hats and such that made for an obvious give away.   It made me laugh to take this picture will all his logoed apparel so much.  That is one thing I will say after 14 years with this guy it never gets old and he keeps me in stiches to this day!  Happy Vday babe!
And on to my lovely children who I adore but sometimes just sometimes drive me crazy!  AB and B and I worked hard into the night on their class gifts for Vday parties but somehow it wasn't til 10:30pm that AB mentioned she actually needed a box.  Well Luckily B didn't need one too but as you know in the world of Pinterest and social media parents don't hold back anymore on opportunities to do the coolest most creative projects.  Valentine's boxes are at the top of that list...and here I am wondering what I could put thought now that all the stores are closed and we have no supplies.  So I located the good ole party box from previous bday parties and went to work designing something with what I had...well it just so happened we had lots of leftover supplies from AB's mermaid party a few years back that I got that glue gun and went to town...even Mitch was wondering...and this was the look on her face the next morning when she saw it for the first time!  She wasn't a fan to say the least so I made her write this note and then went to work utilizing every piece of candy we had on hand.
And, I went to work on a redesign.. but don't think she will forget to tell me next year do you?!
Our super chill class gifts this year!
Who doesn't love cotton candy ice cream cones...it take two favorites and puts them all into one!

And we were all smiles again on the way to school!
Party time was fun for both of these girls as they came home with lots and lots of treats.

My little artist even had to show me her masterpiece!
Fun afternoon with these two followed by a family valentines meal!

That weekend we did some exploring downtown Hot Springs and had a blast.  Sometimes the best times are truly had right out your front door. We found things about this town that we had never explored before that day.  New food and some new sights were on the menu!
Our first 3d adventure
It was super fun but don't come on a full stomach or you may leave with a tummy ache!

And then we spent the rest of the afternoon hiking with our new pal Charlie.  Here are the girls in front of one of the famous "hot springs"


I was so thankful for some down time of the weekend because on the work front things were so crazy with so many events taking place all so close together.  That next week was BBB 2017 where a group of amazing women help me pull off events each year that I don't know how we will be able to top the next.  This year was not exception as we transformed the airport hanger into a food truck park with added extras.  This was the view the night before during setup up from the hanger...it was just gorgeous.  We had four food trucks, a band, beer tastings, and an acrobat what could go wrong?!!  Well I will tell you a large wreck threatened the entire night when all the vendors that were coming go stuck on the interstate, two had blowouts and did I mention that the acrobat couldn't get there until after the party started as well.  WE had to back up the bucket truck right into the party to hang her ropes and such...oh and the band got the wrong time and pulled in just as the party was starting.  Well I will say I maintained my cool as best I could and we rolled with it.  It turned out to be one of the fun-est, tastiest and largest attended events we have ever had.  Not to mention it was the most profitable event to date.  The food trucks got to cooking as soon as they arrived, the band was amazing, Raymon Gilead out of Tyler, TX...highly recommend and the acrobat put on a performance no one would have believed!
This young lady is not only brave but super talented and so entertaining!



Just a few of the 75 or so auction items we had that evening.
The cool band with the vendors that come each year in the background.
And that sunset oh that sunset was gorgeous as we opened up to a beautiful winter evening taking place outside the doors.
The ice cream truck was a hit
along with the largest jenga game
and baggo tournament !  It was so much fun to have a large backyard party atmosphere and all the while raise so much money for our Kids' College program each summer.
Just a few of the awesome ladies I get to hang with each year and couldn't do without!
 
And that weekend the girls had a little tea party set for us all at Nana's..they love any time they get to be together!
Breakfast with mom at school (loved this year's theme of biscuits and gravy...who needs muffins!!)  Love these two and so thrilled any chance we get to be together!
A little sis pile up on the way to Sonic while big sis practiced ball.
And then we headed to Little Rock for I was set to run the Little Rock half marathon that Sunday.  I really hadn't practiced beyond about 6 miles but on a whim and a little shove from my uncle decided to sign up last minute.  I was just hoping to finish but actually had my best time yet and in the worst weather yet.  Which over the years you have seen my runs and know that is saying something cause we have endured some pretty terrible weather scenarios!  It would be the last time I would see that 39 by my age...for I was turning 40...this is me crying right now..
The girls and I had fun exploring the expo and checking out all the items for sale.   I was determined this year to get that medal..I mean I love candy more than anyone and this was my year.

I know this picture is scary, keep in mind I have been running in the pouring down rain for about 11 miles at this point and had no makeup, not a dry bone on me but when I saw the Governor of this great state of Arkansas I took the opportunity to take a selfie.  First of all I am a terrible selfie girl (which by the way is like a lost art or something I have year to figure out!) and it looks like I transposed my face into this picture with my big head and all but no that is really me and that is really how scary I must of looked.  I am shocked the body guards didn't try to attack this scary looking woman running for the Gov.  at least he was a good sport about it!
And then because the weather was so bad and my crew missed me at one of the turns we ended up regrouping at my aunt's house and celebrating the finish line there...right before I went and took a long HOT shower!
Just a little pic my aunt shot of my husband and uncle trying to figure out if I had died as they had missed me at that turn and by this time would have put me at a 30 minute mile...needless to say I am not fast by any means but I was already at the finish line before they figured it out!

Love this cool medal...and it even spins!!  Might be my favorite medal to date..hopefully, even after the big 4-0 I will still be able to cross some more finish lines!
Bring on the warmer weather...lots of love from the Bobo's!

No comments: