Friday, April 28, 2017

Disney Day 4 !!!

Disney Day 4...Epcot Day!!  I love Epcot it is my second favorite of all the parks behind Animal Kingdom.  And this time with the girls being a bit older we were able to do so much more.  We started off the morning with the whole crew in the Land where we rode one of my favorite rides from the entire park, Soar.  It is a 3D simulated experience where you feel like you are flying over the entire world.  You see some of the coolest sites and feel like you are truly there every second.  My mom even enjoyed this one so that is saying something..she wanted to ride it again!  The only picture I wish I had gotten was the one of the girls and I on the Space shuttle ride.  Everyone else backed out but not these roller coaster junkies.  They picked the hard course right off the bat and like a good mother I said ok let's do it.  Well it wasn't really a roller coaster more like a simulator and we took off to space at the speed of gravity and I thought I might die!  It was just the simulation I guess but the pressure on my chest felt like 200 lbs.  and all I could do was try not to panic.  Keep in mind AB has asthma and B is just 6 years old and the three of us are in this with Uncle B by our side.  I said it's okay girls "just breathe"  if I said that once I said it a million times as much for myself as anyone.  I truly thought for a moment if the ride stayed that way that we wouldn't survive.  Luckily, we hit outer space and began to float and I was gasping for air, that was until we hit Mars and it started all over again.  Not happening ever again..you hear me girls, never again!  Of course they weren't big fans either so I don't think I will have to beg them to stay away next time either.
Then we picked all the girls up a passport book and started around the globe.  This is AB getting her passport signed in China.  The best part is each group is truly from that country and tells the kids little know facts along with signing their book and stamping the passport they will write your child's name in their foreign language.  It makes for a great souvenir and even better serves as a geography lesson they won't soon forget!
B in Chinese!!
One of my favorite things about coming back to this park during springtime is that the international Flower and Garden festival is going on.  It is so amazing all the flowers I only wish I had taken more photos of them all.  They have sculpted all the Disney characters into works of art that are just plain awesome!

Even mom was having a little fun trying on some of the local wear...thanks to B for the awesome photography..hehehe!
And back to the Sea where the girls got swallowed up in all the action!




Then look who we bumped into while touring England, none other than Mary Poppins herself.  Lila was beside herself, that is her favorite!

And in France we bumped into these two...I mean seriously how cool are this flowers!

And in Norway these two, but because Frozen is such a big movie still the line was crazy busy.  But these girls hung in there because B was not leaving until she met them.  I guess it was just mom that was hot and tired by this time. 



 
Once again...there's that look.  B was so amazed by Elsa she couldn't take her eyes off of her.
Not sure what that look is AB is giving Anna.....




And then on to Airedale where we took a trip on with Elsa and Anna.  The animation on these rides just has me so impressed.  I can't believe how life like all these characters are...it is truly magical.
But we were in for a surprise as you can tell by our faces...we didn't see that little fall coming and they got us good!
That afternoon it got up to 90 degrees and the park got crowded so we headed back thanks to uber...which I haven't even mentioned yet we made it back in time for some swimming at the pool and cooling off.  Yes, the uber stories I have to tell  Since we didn't stay on property we got to experience uber more than ever before.  It was so convenient and we really never had any major issues except for Bill...Bill Fowler that is.  He was so intrigued by these uber drivers that he would talk and talk to them about where they were from, which was all foreign countries take your pick.  And ask them about the economy and such so much so that I had to cut him off on occasion and just let him know if the economies in their prospective countries were so good they probably wouldn't be here!  no offense to anyone but that is probably why they are not there any longer Bill!  If I had the room to write further oh the stories I could tell.  It would almost make its own post!
 
Nighttime at Epcot is beautiful, we loved the fireworks and the global display in the center of the lake.  We also made it back around to Japan for sushi for dinner, my favorite and hit up a couple of the countries we missed earlier in the day. 
 
 
 
 
 
We shut the park down that night and headed back to the hotel..dudnanah nanah (sorry that song I can't get it out of my head) for some sleep.  Ready for our last day at Disney!!  Insert frowny face.

No comments: