Saturday, April 7, 2012

Randomness as usual at our house!

I am trying to pick up where I left off and it is getting harder and harder to keep up so here goes some random times by Jill.

Mitch and I were so excited to get to go to the Cotton Bowl this year.  It was a nice quick little getaway for us both.  We enjoyed a nice dinner together on Thursday night and fun with friends and others the day of the game. Once again the stadium was awesome and the Razorbacks won so that made for a nice end to the weekend. 

Miss Britann is growing like a weed these days!  She is doing all sorts of things.  She is now in the 50% for height and weight.  She is talking more and more each day.  She actually said "night night" the other evening when I was putting her in bed.  Luckily we were able to get it on tape because it caught us both by surprise.  She is doing more talking in 2 words then she is one which is a little backwards if you ask me.  She is learning where her body parts are, even though she can't say some of them she does know them.  She is great about understanding commands like "go get your shoes" she runs straight to her closet.  The other night I handed her a washcloth and told her to wipe up something on the floor and to my amazement she did exactly that.  She knows the word "that" she won't say cup or food, but she will point and say "that".  So I guess she actually has it all figured out.  She is still loving watching her big sister and "Addie" seems to be one of her favorite words although most of the time she is yelling it around the house, ( no idea where she gets that yelling her name couldn't be from me in the mornings trying to coax her out of bed and getting her dressed)  She also loves to run, she is getting quicker and quicker.  She is quite the little climber, I never know what to expect she can actually do.  She really loves to feed herself as well.  She will not let you feed her anymore she had to be in control!  This picture is evidence of that!

 Love this kiddo!! 
 Celebrating daddy's birthday in January.  The girls picked out this sweet Thomas the train cake.  Addie was a little concerned though "why none of daddy's friends came to his party?!!"  Poor guy good thing we got such a small cake. 
 Addie Blaire is all about some dressing up these days.

 These pictures will take a little explaining.  Everyone that knows us well they know Zoe as well!  If you have ever had the pleasure of coming to the house you will never forget her either.  She has this nice extremely loud scream that seems to show up... well every time we do!!!  But you also know we love us some Zoe, of course kids have changed things some but she was our first child and I seem to still feel that way about her.  She has been so great with the kids and such a champion on three legs for the last 9 years!  A few weeks back Zoe couldn't walk anymore.  She couldn't even walk two steps without her leg giving out.  I was devastated.  I couldn't watch her, I couldn't talk to anyone about it.  I wore sunglasses to work because I was balling my eyes out all day. Well, the next morning I decided I had to take her to vet, fearing I knew what he would say.... so with tears in my eyes I had the girls take "the final pictures' with Zoe.  I was balling crying trying to explain to Addie Blaire why she had to take a picture with her and telling her to say goodbye.  It was quite dramatic I must admit!  Anyways, I cried the whole way to Arkadelphia because that is where she goes to the vet ever since her surgery.  Yes, Mitch allowed me the pleasure of driving her there!  My dad was good enough to meet me there.  I explained to the vet what was happening and to my surprise he said he thought he could help her with some medicine she could possibly walk again!!  I was so thrilled, and needless to say these pictures will be timeless in our collection of mom's insanity!!  She is doing better we give her medicine once a day and it does seem to help.  Don't get me wrong she won't be chasing any squirrels anytime soon but hopefully she will be around for as long as we can take care of her. 


 Mommy and me muffin day at school!  Kinda wish it had been the donuts the dads got, so not fair but loved getting to go with my girl.
 All aboard restaurant in Little Rock.  We had to give it a try at least once. Pretty cool!
 Aunt T gave Addie this doll a few years back for Christmas and well Addie was a tad frightened of the thing that was until Britann got ahold of her.  She loves to drag her around the house now.  It is so funny she is trying to kiss on her and hold hands.  It is pretty funny to witness trust me.
 If ever I needed proof that my eldest child has a little of my OCD behavior in her here it is.  This is what I walked into one night at the house.  At least everyone was served and biggest to smallest no doubt.
 Fun times with cousin Katie Ella mudding through the neighborhood.  Becky may never let her come over again after this precious outfit and Toms were covered in mud when she arrived.

No comments: