Thursday, April 26, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter weekend this year for the Bobo's was very relaxing and busy all at the same time.  We decided to stay home this year and attend our church with the kids. I always help with the Easter egg hunt on Saturday so we wanted to be around for the kids to enjoy fellowship with the others in the church as well.  I just love the feeling of Easter weekend.  I don't know how to describe it or maybe everyone feels the same way but it never fails that I get choked up in Sunday service every year.  I guess last year and 3 years ago have special meaning for me because both my girls were baptized on Easter Sunday so it just brings to mind all those feelings of joy and love that I have for these two girls. 

Just having a little fun with the camera the weekend before on the way to church.



Addie Blaire and I made quite the masterpiece of Easter egg basket cupcakes.  I thought they were pretty cute but the girls weren't as crazy about eating my grass as I thought they would be turns out no one is a big fan of coconut.
Since the kids were out of school for Good Friday, Jodi, Clancy and I got them together for a little tea party.  Unfortunately in the photos you won't see the cute table that Jodi had prepared because Britann tried her hand at a little magic and made the tablecloth and all the decorations disappear!  Funny out that happens.
For some reason this year Addie really was excited to decorate the eggs. I guess cause this year she really was big enough to do it all by herself which made it much more fun for her.  Brit well, she did it all by herself also but not really the way that mom had intended! Needless to say it was a good thing we had some extra eggs boiled.  We then left them out for the Easter bunny to check out that night.

Her very own personalized egg.
This picture was from the weekend before also.  I took the girls to the country club for their egg hunt.  It was fun and each them found several eggs.
Addie and Darby
The Easter bunny at our annual church egg hunt.  She was the cutest bunny I've ever seen!  Which is why I just knew the girls would love her.  As you can tell Addie Blaire certainly did but....
Britann was a whole different story!
Playing some games for really cool prizes made it even more fun.
Katie Ella and Addie Blaire
Go AB!

The hunt was on and Britann helped lead the charge.  She didn't waste any time getting those eggs I guess the hunt the weekend before had prepared her and she knew just what to do!
The girls both got sooo many eggs and full of candy which was the best part for them and ME!
Miss Addie Blaire also found the special golden egg and.....
got one Awesome prize!
The cousins, Katie Ella, Addie, Brit and Lily.
The big girls. 
The girls Easter baskets that the bunny just happened to leave.
He even left a note telling them that he saw their beautiful eggs and couldn't resist hiding them!  That sneaky little bunny!
The girls both wasted no time in finding them each and every one.

All dressed up and ready for church.  My parents were able to meet us at the church that day which was so nice to have Nana and Pop with us. Pretty pretty princess, she loved her pink dress we had to try it on several times before Easter just to make sure it fit!
Little Brit looked like such a doll!!  She is so tiny and this dress made her look all grown up.
My precious little angels.  I know Mitch wasn't crazy about the matching dresses but once I saw this picture I knew he couldn't deny the two of them together was precious!
Nana and Pop with the girls. (The picture didn't look this blurry before so I am so sad it turned out this way.)  Thanks for sharing in such a special day with us. 
I am just so proud of these two girls I can't squeeze them enough at night to let them know how much they are loved.  I know everyone feels this way about their kids but how awesome to know that as much love as we feel Jesus only loved us that much more and on this day more than any other that love is present all around us.
Daddy and his sweeties! 
       Happy Easter 2012 from the Bobo's!!! 

1 comment:

Melinda Fowler said...

Happy Easter! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful blog of your sweet family! Your girls will cherish this as they grow up! I love the feeling of closeness to you as I get to read your entries.