Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Twas the night before Christmas!

Twas the night before Christmas and the Fowler's were on alert, Santa was coming and we had to prepare!  Uncle B and Addie Blaire were on stand by watching the Internet and tracking Santa's trail.  He was in China then, Russia and soon on his way to see us.  Since Addie Blaire was assured that Santa still had a little work to do we headed over to my hometown church for a Christmas Eve service.  I have always always loved the Christmas Eve services at our church with the lights turned out and everyone singing silent night holding there little candles.  That's the good stuff!  I was so excited to get to bring my kids to a place that holds so many Christmas memories for me as a child.  I know that we have our own traditions and memories to make but to be able to share these traditions with them was sheer joy for me.  After that we headed back for some dinner with my parents and a little more prep work for the jolly big guy on his way. 
Addie Blaire and I got in our comfies and headed out with Reindeer food in hand to make sure that Santa would not over look us at Nana and Pop's house this year we put out a little extra for Rudolph to lead them on their way.  Fingers crossed we headed inside and went to bed in hopes that St. Nickolas should would be there!
This is a picture of my dad (aka Clark Griswold's) light display.  It used to be a little more elaborate but when is labor hands (me and Terri) shipped off I think he had to scale back a bit. Still great to round that corner to their house at Christmas time and see!
With dad in his tshirt and Mitch and Bracy in tow they headed out back to work on the go.  Mom and Dad had gotten Britann her own little car and Lila a red wagon so these guys had their work cut out for them.  Luckily Bracy put his engineering skills to work and of to bed we went.
Mom's Christmas tree, somehow all mine and Terri's ornaments have held up over the years and the tree still holds several very "special" ornaments we made over the years.  Addie Blaire really gets a kick out of those, but know the grand kids are taking over the tree, so is life!
The next morning the girls awoke to gifts from Santa and each with a note. Addie Blaire was so excited to see that Santa had returned her note that Eli had taken to him telling him where to find her.  I guess he wanted to show her proof that he got her letter and knew just where to find her!  Such a smart guy that Santa.
Addie Blaire had asked for an American girl doll, La La loopsey and some barbie clothes.  And I guess she was a good girl all year because she got all three!!
Since Britann didn't have a big list this year for Santa I guess he thought it would be cool to bring her a Bitty Baby as well. She got some other toys to help her on the go as well.
Brit Brit had to try out the new car.  She absolutely loved it!  She kept getting in and out back and forth.
Success! But I think that was part of the fun.
Hey cool girl can I go for a spin?
Now to try out cousin Lila's wheels.  Luckily Addie was glad to push them around.
Showing the baby some love!  I guess two bald babies think alike (although we are getting a little hair on top, can you tell?)

A girl needs a break after all that work. 

I was so glad my grandmother was able to be with us that morning.  She was able to see the girl's as they opened their presents and witness the fun that ensued!  I think you can tell by her smile that she also is opening the gift each year that just keeps on giving the annual calendar of kids. Thanks for being there with us grandma, so glad to have you share in these memories with my kids as well as myself.
Addie Blaire is very into dressing up and makeup these days so mom and dad found her a beauty kit with all the stops.

Her very own purse as well.

Ever since Halloween she has talked about Emma's pink La La loopsey wig.  Well i just so happened to find it and that girl was literally "tickled pink!"
One of Addie Blaire's favorite gifts this year was the jewelry box with music that my parent's gave her.  She just stared and watched the little ballerina and said how beautiful it was.

Awww, sisterly love.

Nana opening her gifts. Pop even surprised her with an IPhone!  Something tells me that is going to be a work in progress for that woman.

Addie Blaire loved having the attention of all her older cooler cousins that day.  She wouldn't let them out of her sight. 

She's a superstar alright, thanks Abbey and Lindsey.

Girl Cousins, Terri, Ericka, Margo, Abbey, Lindsey and my girls!

My family, sister, brother-in-law, niece Lila, parents and grandmother.

My family Christmas 2011
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: