Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ice Skating!

Since Addie Blaire got out of school on Tuesday before Christmas I still had a little work to do so I decided to have a little mommy and me day in Little Rock while I got a little work done. She got to see a little of what mommy does every day and I got to show her off to everyone.  After making a few calls we headed over to the rivermarket to do a little ice skating.  My aunt Bettye who works downtown met us there to watch the skaters in action.  This was Addie Blaire's first time to ice skate and it might as well have been mine as well cause I felt lost on the ice.  I wasn't sure what Addie Blaire would think about it but she loved every second of it.  I must admit I had a hard time walking the next day after skating around trying to hold her up for an hour!  I think we have to make this an annual trip!




I was so excited when I found out that my cousin Lindsey and the little boy she babysits Spencer were in town.  They met us at the rink and we did lots of laughing and stumbling around together.

This is Brit's favorite toy.  I have to go to the store at least once a week to help keep her supplied with items to play with while we cook dinner.  She has officially rearranged my entire kitchen and bathroom for that matter!  That little stinker you can't take your eyes off of her for a second cause you never know what she will find!
We went to the church for the "Jesus Birthday party" and the girls had so much fun.  They had come up with some "minute to win it" games and it was really fun to watch all the kiddos.  This was Addie trying to shake the balls out of the present box. Thanks to everyone who spent so much time setting it all up. 
Singing happy birthday to Jesus!
Darby and Addie Blaire had to move the ornament across the wire til all the ornaments made it across.  Super cute idea by the way, they could only use their noses not hands!
The girls helped daddy open his presents (well actually I never really wrapped them) from all of us.  How sweet is this picture though.  In case I haven't mentioned this before my girls LOVE their daddy.  I mean they run for him as soon as he comes through the door and until they go to bed at night.  I can tell you that is warms my heart to see how much they love their daddy about as much as it does to see the look he gives them in return!  He is wrapped around all twenty little fingers!

Our lovely little gingerbread house!
I also have may not have mentioned my complete obsession with cherry vanilla diet Dr. pepper's from Sonic.  So much so that my 4 year old can order it for me now because she knows it by heart.  She has since grown a major obsession with Sonic herself.  She wants to go everyday after school now (which is okay most of the time because it's happy hour, my favorite time of the day!) Well I decided one day to let Brit try her own slush. She loved it, I mean lovvved it!  I could not pry it from her hands.  I now have discovered the only problem with that was that now anytime I have a Sonic cup in the car she is screaming for it.  I have officially created a new generation of Sonic fans.

No comments: