Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

This will be the post that begins the countdown to Christmas at the Bobo's which usually involves non stop activities and craziness!  I know everyone understands because for most as much as I love love Christmas time, it flies by each year because it seems like nonstop chaos for three weeks straight!  I must say this year has been my favorite so far because the girls both got to enjoy the season this year and Addie Blaire seemed to really understand what it was all about more so this year which really seems to make Christmas more special hearing the stories of Jesus birth and remembering all over again what the season is all about.  On a not so serious but very relevant note I have a funny Addie Blaire story.  The two of us were out for a day of Christmas shopping the week before and we just so happened to be shopping for Daddy some (let's just say new undies) at the time.  We were in my fav TJ Maxx and we had already made a few stops prior and Addie looks up at me and with the most serious expressions says" Mommy you know Christmas is not all about the presents, it's about giving"  I laughed so hard and all the women standing around us did as well because of course all of us were rushing around doing the same thing.  I replied " well that is what we are trying to do is "give" daddy some underwear and since it's not about presents I will just take back the ones I got you.  Boy it didn't take long for her to change her tune, she said she thought she might still want those after all! What a girl will do to get out of some shopping!!  She'll learn one day!!

These are a few pictures from Addie Blaire's dance Christmas party.  She had so much fun and the teacher surprised us all with several fun games and activities as well as a visit from the main man Santa himself!  Fun times, and little sis enjoyed herself as you can tell by her chocolate covered face as well.

 finger lickin good, that girl loves some cheese dip just like momma!
 Unfortunately I forgot my camera the weekend before Christmas when we got together with Bobo and Mrs. Sharon and Nicki and Pop.  I hate it so much because my phone just didn't do the trick that day.  These are a few of the ones I captured but not my best photography skills sad to say.  Nicki and Pop is one of our favorites of Christmas because that is where the Santa sack goes down.  Each year we get several trash bags filled with all the best stuff, you know, toilet paper, Kleenex's, paper towels, dish liquid!  I know probably not what you thought I would say but it is the best to not have to by that stuff for months!!  The kiddos always get a stocking full of goodies each year and Nicki always comes up with something to surprise us all.  One year she even gave me a paper weight with Mitch's baby picture on it!!  Priceless!!  We love our Nicki and Pop!
 That same night we went over to Bobo's for dinner.  Ms Sharon cooked for us all and we ate good then opened some presents. Mamaw Bobo was able to join us and it was so nice to get some quality time with her as well that night. She is the sweetest lady and I hope she really liked our gift this year, it was a giant Razorback that can be hung on the door.  Actually, Bobo and G and Pop all got one, hey who can resist a Razorback not this family for sure.  Big hit with everyone this year! Addie was excited because she got a trunk full of dress up clothes which is right up her alley these days.
 I know little Brit is quite the blur in this picture, well actually alot of my pictures these days now that she is walking or running more like it.  The reason I had to post is simply Mamaw.  She loves these great grands and what makes her happiest is to rock them or bounce them on her knee.  As you can tell her expression speaks for itself!

 Once again my camera wasn't the best but I don't think this picture has to be any clearer to see the excitement on Addie B's face when she opened this mecca for markers.
 Thanks Mason for the new wheels.
 Just like everyone always says the box is always the best present of the night.  It sure was in little Brit's case that night!
 cuties, these two love each other!!
 Earlier in the season Addie Blaire had been talking to me about all the parties we had at Christmas time (we did our Sunday School at our house as well) and she said why couldn't she have a Christmas party for her friends too.  Well I hated to argue so we decided to ask a couple of her school buddies to come over on a Sunday afternoon for an hour or so and have a cookie exchange.  It was a lot of fun.  I had made up some gingerbread houses and men for them to decorate as they liked and then the girls all got to sample each other's cookies.  We even made bags to take home each other's goodies as well.  I also made up some Reindeer food, for those that don't know this is oatmeal and lots of sprinkles for the reindeer to put out on Christmas eve so the reindeer don't get hungry on their long journey that night.  The girls all put there on spin on the decorating and then it was off to play dress up the rest of the time!
 Aunt T and Lila came down for the party and the church play afterwards. So good to have them around for all the festivities.
 Addie B's gingerbread girl and house, yummy! I had good intentions of doing a gingerbread hunt but we a busy schedule that day headed straight to church for play it was a little too much.  I guess there is always next year because something tells me she will want to continue this little tradition.


This was one of my creations, they look a little rough, I think these reindeer had a rough night apparently!
 Love that kid!
 Mommy and her two little helpers, we need to get Britann an apron for next year cause I am sure she will be ready to dive in and do some baking too.
 Girls will be girls!  Merry Christmas sweet Addie Blaire!

No comments: