Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tiger Tunes/ Hog Wild!

Addie Blaire and I had the pleasure of getting to attend her 1st Tiger Tunes this year. I had been out of town all week and was flying in that night so she met me in Arkadelphia and we headed out to Ouachita. Thanks to her cousins Lindsey and Abbey she even had a care package at the house with all the gear she would need to be a good fan. She got a button for each of their groups to wear in support, some astronaut gear to support the EEE's and even a microphone to do some cheering! She was so excited when we got there..
..she was all smiles from ear to ear. She felt like such a big girl in the midst of all these college kiddos.

She made it through most of the evening, we were holding out for Abby because she was 2nd from the end of the show and since bedtime is usually 8 to 9 and it was close to 10 I thought that was pretty good. We even got to meet up with both of my precious cousins to tell them thanks for the good time!! I am sure this will now be a yearly event we put on the calendar, so thanks girls!!!

The next morning we headed out early so dad could play in a golf tournament in Fayetteville. I was determined that BOTH the girls would go to a game this year. Since dad was in the tournament we got to hang out with my good friend Renee and her precious little girl Sallie. We even got a tour of her cool work and then went to play at the house. Sallie and Addie Blaire had a lot of fun on her new playground and even Brit did her best to try and catch up with the big girls, which was great so that the mommies got some catchin up time as well. Thanks NeNe for entertaining us for the weekend. Addie Blaire is still asking when mommy needs to go visit her friend again so she can play with Sallie!

We stayed at the Clarion in Fayetteville for the weekend and I thought it was soo funny because Addie Blaire loved it. I mean loved it. She told me "it was the most beautiful place ever" for those that know this hotel you would know it is a hundred years old and definitely not what one would call beautiful these days, but oh to see things through the eyes of a child!! The Gentry's stayed with us so the kids had fun at the indoor pool and basically just running the halls. Hotels really can be so much fun can't they!!! We tailgated for a while before the game and got to eat some good food!! My favorite.




Addie Blaire has been every year to a game and it is so neat to watch how her perception of it each year is just a little different. Now don't get me wrong we still broke out the i phone for her at half time but she definitely didn't hesitate to call those hogs and she has even learned to hum the fight song!!! She also is a big fan of the new rap dance song or whatever you call it that they play at the games now. I caught a good picture of her jammin along!!

Ready to call those Hogs!! I want the girls to both grow up with these memories of going to games. I didn't go to any growing up and I know that it is very important part of their dad's memories and so I want to make sure that they too will have these memories for years to come.



Daddy's girls, Addie really is having fun I realize it doesn't show but that is because she wasn't happy with the camera not the game, I promise!

Brit did better than expected the first half of the game. I won't say that at half time when I was down in the end zone with both the girls trying to feed them and entertain them that there wasn't a moment when I felt a slight nervous breakdown on the horizon but we made it through by golly!!! and she came back ......

and this is what got us through the whole 3rd quarter! Funny though to Mitch and I because she is definitely not our little sleeper in the family and the fact she slept through 70000 people screaming around her but hears us roll over in bed is just a little comical to say the least!



Just a little picture that Lashonda got of the kids one day and sent to me while I was at work. Just the little things it takes to make you get through the day like a sweet picture of two cutie pie kiddos.

Addie Blaire and I tried out her 1st 3D movie. We went to see the Lion King and it was sooo good! I highly recommend it. I had forgotten myself how cool 3D is. Addie Blaire was so cute though because she kept covering her head every time it was raining thinking she was getting wet!!! I was cracking up!!!

Hat day at school for Red Ribbon week. A little shout out to our friend Miller!! The teacher even told me she shared (her version of the story) with the class and they all said a prayer for that sweet angel baby.

This is "the chair" I had referred to it in earlier posts. Britann is very territorial with this chair, you better not sit in it or beware!!!! She loves it!!

Hanging out with Mamaw Bobo at Lydia's fun birthday party. Does the bow make my head look big??? Maybe a little too much on second thought.

I tried to get a picture of Brit in this outfit because I made it for Addie several years ago and wanted the pictures to compare the two. I must say my tutu held up better than I would have ever thought. Probably won't be making many more of those so need the kids to see these pictures one day so it will look like I was some kind of Martha Stewart type even though that is far from the truth!

1 comment:

Jenee' Clayton said...

I've been following your blog for a while now...and got to thinking tonight, since you don't know who I actually am, you might find it weird that an odd person is following...so...let me introduce myself! I went to HHS with Mitch...and saw your blog on another friend's blog, so decided to drop in. I noticed that you and I both have a one year old...I noticed the couch you were sitting on looked like Melanie McKnight...and I thought right there...we've got things in common, so I became a follower ;). Melanie takes our pics too...even though we live in texarkana! So...do y'all live in Hope? My blog is www.jclaytonandfamily.blogspot.com. And also on fb ;)