Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Racing for the Cure!

The whole gang gathered and ready to race!! It has been a tradition for some time with my mom and sister to do the race for the cure and it only makes it that much more special now that there are 3 new faces to join us!! I hope it is a tradition we can keep on doing for many years to come and such a great cause and day to be a part of together!
The Peggy Jordan fan club. You can count on them every year. Go Peg!

Britann had her first race this year and it was a little chilly but she was amazed by all the people and noise. It can definitely be overwhelming!!

Addie Blaire wanted to walk some this year and she did such a good job of keeping up, not that we were speed walking by any means though (for those that do the race you know what I am talking about).

Going over the river bridge. You will notice that since we were in no particular hurry we took plenty of time for photo ops!

Get it Girl!!

I looked down as I was huffing and puffing at one point due to the fact that I had 2 (yes 2) flat tires on my stroller and was pushing some 60 or 70 pounds along the way. But anyways that is beside the point, I looked down and the girls were holding hands. I couldn't help but let the emotions get the best of me at that point. I guess the race is a little emotional as you see these women walking in memory of others and so that special little gesture was just so sweet at the time.

The Chick fil A cow. I had to explain that one to Addie. So now she tells everyone " that the cow tells everyone to eat more chicken cause she doesn't want to get eaten" sometimes my explanations need a little improvement but she got that one right!!!

The finish line, enough said after a few miles with flat tires!!!



The girls with their girls!!

yeah, i know that you have seen people most these pictures alot or I have, but I actually had nothing to do with it. Addie Blaire saw them as we walked in and after once again another explanation about "mannequins" I am getting good at all this explaining with such a curious little girl. She decided she wanted her picture with them. She literally crawled back there and asked me to take it. :)

AFter the race we headed to Addie's favorite, the Purple Cow. Although this time we tried something a little different the Monster milkshake, not only was it very tasty, (not that I would know or anything) but it was super cute!

Lila and the girls got some great bonding time now that she has started to crawl it will be lots of fun. Addie loved being the big girl and wanted to read her a book. Lila is such a little sweetie she just sat there and let her and then...

we decided to add wild one and not much reading happened after that. Little Brit (or the blur as Terri called her) was on the move.

Good times with some good girls!!! Can't beat them.

No comments: