Thursday, September 2, 2010

Baby Shower!

I had a get together (shower) in Hope this last week. It was so much fun and I was so excited to get to celebrate the arrival of baby B in a few weeks. (I was 36 weeks at the time of the shower.) We decided just to have the get together on a week night and the girls had Mexican food catered in, which is my favorite!! It was great to get to visit and hang out for the night. I had asked them for no formal shower, which made it even that much more comfortable for us all. It was so nice of everyone to come and it was great to just sit around and catch up all while opening some of the most adorable gifts for baby B!

The girls had the most beautiful arrangement on the table.
The pedifores (I know that is not spelled right but even spell check didn't know how) were precious and not to mention delicious!!

Me and my mommy!!


Me and my sweet, beautiful, caring, hilarious sister in law (i only meant one of those but I know she reads this so I just wanted to make her feel good.) Just kidding Bran!! She and Mason came down and spent the night. It was so sweet of her to make the trip and I really appreciated it!

Unfortunately, I didn't take too many pictures of the guests, but here are a few.




The sweet hostesses that made it such a wonderful night for everyone. Especially me, considering they had my favorite food catered in, MEXICAN!!!

Me and my mother in law (otherwise known as "G")

My sweet mom had to leave the shower a little early. Unfortunately, my grandmother had fallen outside her home and she had to be taken to the hospital. She is doing much better but it gave us all quite the scare that night. She broke her nose and had to have a few stitches but should be fine in a few weeks. With all that being said, my mom did not get to see me open my gifts and so she missed the expressions on everyone's faces when I pulled this out. She had my baby outfit dry cleaned and wrapped. It was quite special to say the least, but the best part by far is the plastic lined bloomers!! I bet those were really comfy back in the day!

I hadn't planned on Addie attending the shower so she was swimming with several kiddos back at the house when I called to ask Mitch to bring her over. I don't think that went very well with her at first because she didn't want to leave all the fun, but once she arrived and saw the reason that I had called for her she changed her mind! Several of the girls had brought her big sis gifts, so she racked up on some cool toys and gear!




She also proved to be a big help in opening the baby's gifts also!!

I forgot to take any pictures during the shower of all the cute goodies I received. So when I got home I tried to take a few pictures of some of it. My mom and I had already put some of it away (which is a whole other story about what we have going on around the house.) Here are a few pictures of some of the cute gear. I had decided on a baby name (which I will post more about on next post) and mentioned to several girls that I didn't have any monogrammed items, well they took care of that!! She will definitely know her name. I got some precious diaper covers, burp clothes, blankies, pacifiers, bags and most important diapers!!!! Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful gear this baby is certainly going to feel the love once she decides to arrive!!

She got her very own pair of jeggings!! A must this season!


I was so excited to get this blankie because Addie has one like it and she carries it everywhere, so I could have forseen a few squabbles over it had baby B not gotten one too!

I am loving this matching bow, I see many pictures coming in this!

No comments: