Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby Bobo #2 has a name, Finally!!

So I haven't posted much on my pregnancy lately and I was feeling kinda guilty about that I guess. I see all these others that are so good to put the weekly updates and such on their blogs and I aspire to be that good, but I just can't seem to get it done!! I am so excited to meet the newest member to our family. So I have really tried to step back and enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy. (Well at least when I'm not running to the bathroom or flipping back and forth in bed trying to get some sleep. )
I realize that I am not the most public person when it comes to my feeling or emotions when I blog. I guess I just try to recreate the memories for Addie to have one day. Which is why posts like this are a little harder for me. But here I go!
I am now 37 1/2 weeks along (yes, at this point I am now counting the half's too!) I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he said I was dilated to almost a 2!! Which I think took me by surprise because I wasn't expecting that at all since I never dilated with Addie. Anyways, the doctor and I had some discussions about whether it was safe to come back home considering I am using a clinic in Hot Springs. He said that he thought I was fine for the rest of the week and next week we would just have to talk again!! I now realize that it is really drawing near!! I have been keeping a little journal for the baby, but I also wanted to keep everyone up to date on her expected arrival.
We have finally and I do mean finally come up with a name for Baby B. After much thought on the issue, notice I said thought and not talk because I can't say that we did a lot of discussing this time around. I guess we both just liked the name or two that we came up with and so as much as I went back and forth looking into other names they just didn't seem to fit. I can't understand how that seems to work, but it was the same with Addie. I just didn't feel like some of the names were her. And before I actually settled on a name the doctor was sweet enough to let me back in last week just to make sure it was a girl we were still dealing with!! I guess everyone around me had been guessing boy because they said I was carrying low and it had me a little freaked out after my shower and all the cutsie girlie things I had received. So once we got that out of the way Mitch and I decided on Britann Mitchell Bobo. I have always liked the name Britton ( I think that is how it is most commonly spelled) but when looking through a name book one day I came across several other spellings and this one stood out because my mom's middle name is Ann. So thus it became Britann. As for the Mitchell well, as most have guessed it is from her daddy. And yes we did decide to use it now because at this point we are not planning on a baby Bobo #3! Mitchell is actually Mitch's granddad's middle name and his (Mitch's) middle name is Logan which came from his other grandfather. Since he really liked the idea behind his name we went with the Mitchell portion. His dad's side has already used the Logan so it seemed like a nice fit. Plus my middle name is Michelle so I look at it like a nice little compromise on us both! I am so excited to finally have a name and one that Addie has finally come around to also. She wasn't so sure about it at first she had a few others that were higher on the list but not so sure that her little sister would have been thanking her for.
So hopefully next time I post we will have some good news to come!! I am so excited for Britann to join our family and we can not wait to meet her!! Please keep us in your prayers in the coming weeks as we pray for the safe and healthy arrival of our precious baby girl!

1 comment:

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

What a PERFECT name!!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!