Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day of Preschool!

This was Addie's first week of preschool and she was super excited to go! I had been talking it up all week because I wasn't sure how she would feel about the change. She has been in such a familiar environment for so long that I was a little nervous. I am sure it helped that her best buddy "Grif" went also. She went right in and didn't hesitate to join in playing with the other kiddos. I was a little surprised and maybe a little sad because it didn't bother her in the least for me to leave!!! I know that is supposed to be a good thing but it also made me sad that she is growing up. The first day went pretty well. The teacher said that she didn't sleep that well at nap time but said that was to be expected. She gets to take her own backpack and she even got to help say the prayer before lunch (or so she says.) The teacher did tell me that she was trying to get her to eat cucumbers and Addie looked at her and said "Um, I have never had those before and I am pretty sure they make me sick!" I thought that was hilarious. She seems to be really enjoying it but she sure is tired when she comes home. She is not used to being that busy all day. She did get to take "the goodie bucket" home and we put her favorite snack, pictures of her family and her favorite book in it for her to show the class. She thought that was pretty cool. I am so excited that she had such a good week and I can't wait to see what this year brings!

No comments: