Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow Days!

We FINALLY got snow!!!! I can't believe it actually happened down south. I thought for sure we would have sleet again, but this was actually really pretty snowflakes and even enough for a miniature snowman. ( I know our snowman can't compete with you north Arkansas folks so we won't even try!) Addie Blaire has seen snow before but it was when she was so small she wouldn't have remembered it. It was really funny as the snow was coming down she looked at me and said "mommy, but Christmas is over!" I guess somehow I have drilled into her head a white Christmas and she didn't understand why the snow was coming now. We had lots of fun in our 24 hours of snow. It worked out perfectly that earlier in the year Janice had bought Addie Blaire this snow suit at a garage sale so we were set for the weather. What would we do without that Janice!!

Our new house all covered in snow!



I actually got her to smile and look at the camera, it was a first for me. I am so proud!

She loved exploring all around the house, she couldn't believe the snow was really everywhere.

Making a snowman with Carter and Ellie, like I said it was a little small but what it lacked in size it made up for in character. Just check out that mohawk!

I decided she needed to give making a snow angel a try, so she was fluttering around and I said no it's like this. She was a little freaked out by me pushing her into the snow, but she got the hang of it real fast and there were angels all over our yard.


Addie and Grif having a snowball fight with Janice.

Daddy was teaching her the fine art of making a snowball and to his surprise he got slammed with one!


I am adding this picture for my mom. She got Addie Blaire this dress for Christmas. She looks so big in it though like a little school girl. I wish that made me happy but unfortunately it just makes me sad!

#1 reason we love Janice (Nana) is because she loves to put a smile on my baby's face. She is willing to go to any length to make her happy. She actually had been talking to Addie about tea parties, and Addie didn't quite understand so she decided it would be more fun to have a party. She told Janice there needed to be blowers, balloons, party favors, cake, and streamers. Well, sweet little Janice took that and ran with it. The next day she arrived at my house with bags of goodies for a party. The two of them had a great time celebrating, and we even left it up all week so Grif could enjoy the fun too!


Janice brought her new puppy over the other afternoon and she was just too cute. Addie Blaire didn't know what to think about such a tame little thing, she is way to used to crazy Zoe. She kept giving it kisses, I just had to catch that on camera.

No comments: