Sunday, January 24, 2010

First Skate and other Fun Stuff!

I didn't really know what to title this post considering it is a mixture of activities that we have been doing lately. Addie Blaire has experienced a few firsts this month. First time to a skating rink, first time to decorate a cake (boy did she do a good job), first time to play in snow (well at least south Arkansas snow, we can't compete with you guys up in Fayetteville), and first time for RSV!!! Needless to say the last one, is a first I could have done without!! She was a pretty sick little girl for the past week, but she is doing much better, she has been in quarantine since she and Griffin both got sick last weekend. Unfortunately, while the dads were off doing a fraternity weekend the mom's and babies got together, that is not the unfortunate part what is sad is that since we were around Allie and baby Tyce, I am afraid that they are coming down with it now. So please say a little prayer for them both, I felt so bad because Angie and I had no idea they were sick at the time or we would never have gotten them all together to spend the night. I hate being the spreader of germs!! I am saying prayers especially for baby Tyce, he is a little guy and I don't want to see him with this horrible cough that we have had this week. As for the rest of the post we went to a birthday party in TExarkana for a friend, Lilly that lives there, it was Addie Blaire's first time on skates and she did a great job. I was so tired and sweaty after it was over though, pulling a kid around a rink on skates wears a girl out these days. She was so funny after the skates came off, she was walking around so oddly, I remember that feeling after my days at the rink too! We also made a birthday cake for Daddy's birthday, but since he was with the guys for the weekend we made it earlier in the week. Addie Blaire and I went to Walmart and she picked out the kind of cake, icing, party hats (sponge bob, she wanted Dora, but I figured dad would appreciate the switch), and she even wanted party favors too. She came home and helped me with the cake and then when Daddy arrived she sang happy birthday to him on her new piano. She had been practicing earlier in the day, it was so cute, I heard her in her room banging away on the piano. She even had turned her piano book to the right page with the happy birthday song. She was singing the whole song for dad and then at the end she said "happy birthday daddy" thank you very much and bowed!! Always finds a way to make me smile!!

This is the new tent that Addie Blaire got, it was supposed to be for Christmas but I guess Santa dropped it off at the wrong house so we just got it last week. I have fixed it up so she has her very own reading corner with all her dolls inside.

She wanted mommy to give it a try, I thought I might never get out!

These are some pictures from the sleepover we had in Hot Springs, the kids did so well playing together. Allie is such a cutie I was so glad to get to spend time with her too!

Allie, Griff, Tyce, and Addie Blaire

Griff looks like the man in between his two women.


Addie Blaire playing Happy Birthday for her daddy.

This is dad's beautiful birthday cake, well I guess I have to admit it isn't the best looking, nor was it probably the best tasting. The icing kinda melted into the cake because it was still hot when we put it on, and then the candles melted into the cake because it was still hot when we put them in. Maybe a little bit mom's fault for being a little over anxious!

This is Addie Blaire "getting down" she has just started this. We tell her to get down and she really shakes it down. Thanks to Miss Muff who gave her a cheerleader that says something about "wiggle it just a little bit" she is now wiggling instead of shaking!

My little baby in skates, doesn't she look all grown up.

Addie's first couple skate!! Brings back the memories doesn't it!!

Luckily at the rink that had skates that barely rolled on purpose, so it wasn't a total disaster.

Taking a break, she stopped several times just to stare at the awesome disco ball, who could blame her.

Our first snow, it was a good thing I took this picture as we headed out that morning because it was all gone by 10 o'clock.


I included this picture from her bathroom, because I wanted to show what has become my new biggest mistake. I got Addie Blaire this stool so she could use it in the bathroom when brushing her teeth. Well, now she has it all figured out and the child carries it all over the house, I have found her getting food out of cabinets she couldn't reach, pushing buttons on tvs, drawing on counter tops, I never realized how a few inches of height could change a child's world (and mine for that matter.)

2 comments:

Bubba Jack said...

Love the pictures! She is too cute.

Lindsey Fowler said...

Oh my goodness, it looks like you all are having SO much fun! I love addison's tent, completely trumps the homemade tents abbey and i used to make under the pianos! And she looks like quite the talented skater! Love ya'll!
-Lindsey