Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Old Friend


I just really wanted to post a link to this song after hearing it for the first time tonight. I didn't know how to do so without this YouTube link. I hope that it speaks to you the way that it has me tonight as I have listened to it over and over again. This song was in a video that I was sent tonight by a good friend. Mitch and I are hosting a benefit this Saturday for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in honor of her husband, and one of my and Mitch's best friends who pasted away over a year ago. He pasted away due to complications with Leukemia (check back to july 08 post.) This song was attached with a slideshow of several pictures of us. I would prefer not to post that video out of respect for her, but this song I just couldn't forget. As I looked at those pictures, I remembered all the good times we shared with David. I also remembered how many friends I too have that I don't do a good job of keeping up with.. it seems in the rush of starting my own family I don't have as much time for some of those that meant so much to me over the years. I know most of my posts are all about Addie Blaire, which is exactly why I blog for her benefit one day. I want her to have all these memories to see and re-live. But I also know that as I read many other blogs I find a great deal of inspiration from some really awesome women who share their struggles and triumphs. I hope that this song for those that listen will be a reminder of how quickly time flies by and how no time is too soon to tell our friends how much they mean to us!!

No comments: