Thursday, March 19, 2015

Ely the Elf, St Jude marathon and Christmas parties galore!

The girls just had to go see their friend Ellie in Nutcracker this year but we were going to be gone that weekend so we got a little sneak peek during dress rehearsal.  It was perfect because the girls got to see all the behind the scenes action and little B took to the snow queen and just happened to snag her for a picture! 

 The next day I left with a group of girls to run the St. Jude's half marathon ( a few did the relay and other the marathon)  I even got to see my name on the car at the expo for raising money for St. Jude's hospital.  Pretty awesome feeling and the emotions at this race seem to run high as you realize what you are running for and whom you are running.  I had always said this would be my first half marathon but as fate would have it..it turned out to be my 4th half.  (last year's race you may remember was cancelled)  It was worth the wait though because I had to hold back the tears at many points during the race because you see these kids faces at every mile marker along the way along with running through the hospital campus and you can't help but realize the race I am running pales in comparison to the race these kids are in EVERY SINGLE DAY.
 Team Hope

 Beale street

 I hope everyone appreciates this sign because as I took this pic on my phone (yes while running) don't ever text and run bad idea!  I fell flat on my face, phone goes flying in the air, Jill bleeding everywhere, but lucky for me several runners stop to help me gather my things and my running partner picked me up off the ground and we were on our way in a matter of seconds.  Still bleeding none the less but determined to finish!! 
 and that I did!!  after a little time in the health clinic tent for band aides!  Great weekend with a wonderful group of ladies who helped me every step of the way!
 and then there was Ely!!  He is a treat for the kids each and every year he visits!  And we never know what he will be up to each morning as the kids race to see where and what he will be doing.  He just so happened to find a potty just his size one morning and even left a little surprise for mom to clean up!!
Front tooth #1 down (and believe it or not both front teeth were gone before Christmas day) so there was a lot of singing all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth going on around the house..unfortunately Santa couldn't deliver those in time.

 AB had several questions regarding the jolly fellow in red this year so Ely was quick to offer some advice on just how all that magic happens!
 The night that AB lost her tooth she made sure to leave the tooth fairy a note just so she wouldn't be scared if she came that night and saw this guy running through the house...
 but little did she know this clever guy would find a way to get her loot!
 AB's class took a little field trip to Old Washington this year and the kids had a great time exploring the whole town.  We got to see how people dressed, see the animals on the farm, make corn husk dolls, make candles and even met father Christmas.



 I am pretty sure this Magnolia tree has won an award for being the largest known tree...if not the kids all believed me!

 That Ely was always up to something and sometimes that didn't end well for him.
 But AB always made sure he would know just where to find them.
 Bobo got this awesome (garage sale find) Santa and B spent an entire day dancing with him!
 Mitch and I never tend to get away from the kiddos much but we made an exception when we heard Garth Brooks was coming to town!  I don't think I have sang that much in my life!  We had a blast and it was hands down one of the best concerts ever!

 Hey everyone else was doing it...selfie time.
 Mitch and I stayed downtown and the next morning got up for a run along the river! 
 and when we got back home Ely was at it again.  This time he proved to teach the kids a thing or two about good hygiene. 
 The girls present for their classes..a hot cocoa Santa.
 See just never know where you are gonna find him..this time in the fridge.
 B loved getting to hand out her goodies to her whole class at her party.



 and presenting her teacher with a present for Christmas brought a proud smile to her face.
 The next day was her last day before the break and we got the treat of going with her around to local banks to sing Christmas carols.  She did a great job when she wasn't distracted by all the crowd gathered around.  Love HER!!



 See Ely does have his moments of reminding the girls what Christmas is all about
 and just how much he feels a part of the family.
 AB had her party the next day and she had made her teacher Mrs. Fisher her very own pot holder!  She was so proud to give it to her that day.



 That afternoon I had to miss out on the cookie exchange because I was in charge of the work party for the college but luckily Nana stepped in to take the girls.  I know they had lots of fun and came home with some good treats!
 Just a little pic of the table I decorated for our Christmas party at work.  It was filled with homemade desserts of all kinds...YUMMY!
 The girls notes to Santa that Ely was instructed to take directly to the man at the North Pole.

 and sure enough he did just that.
 but not without leaving his mark on the place.
 and then off we were to Nana's house for our first Christmas gathering with family!! 

No comments: