Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ugly Christmas Sweaters, OH MY!!

We decided to have our 2nd Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater party a few weeks back. As I am very late posting all my Christmas stuff. We had a bunch of couples and singles join us at our house with the help of some friends for a night of laughs and lots of goodies! I posted several of the couples/singles but I forgot to take a picture of several so here are a few of the contestants.
As usual in pictures you never quite get the full effect of my ensable. I had of course the antlers, actually they were that little girl on the grinch movies pigtails I think. Anyways I had found some battery operated lights and had them strung through my hair and stashed the battery pack in my sweater. I had on the coolest santa socks but those did make the picture. I have to thank my grandmother for the use of her sweaters and for being such a good sport about it!









These two defientley went beyond the call of duty!! I could see them and the light display on their wreaths pulling up the driveway. I have to say it was histerical!!






Some of the ladies from the party!! The best part about it is that you don't even have to get ready (or at least some of us don't, not mentioning any names though!)


These are a couple of pictures I snapped on the way out the door on the last day of school before Christmas break! Addie Blaire loved her last day Mrs. Michelle said once again those arms never quite moving because she loved every second of the party. They actually had a birthday party for Jesus instead of a regular Christmas party and even made some Reindeer food for Santa. I am so glad to see her learning more about the real reason for the season. Not so sound cheesy, but she know understands more this year what it is all about. She even tells me all about the manager and how Mary had to find a place to stay. One funny story, at church the other day during childrens' moments she got the microphone and as Christi allowed her to talk. She sat there for a few minutes just studdering "uh, uh, and then she proceeds to say "the shepards watched over the sheep" it was pretty funny because it had absolutely nothing to do with what they were discussing but she was so proud of her proclamation that she smiled and walked down the aisle to give me a kiss!!! These are the days that I never want to end!

Little Ms. Britt Britt (as Addie says) is doing some major cheesing these days!! I am loving it!


No comments: