Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter

We had a great Easter weekend this year. It was a little different for me because my entire family was at a wedding for my cousin in Pennsylvania. I am very sad that I had to miss it but with the pregnancy (aka morning sickness), the fear of flying so far with Addie for the first time, and changing careers it was more than I could do right now. I know that everyone had a great time, I was thinking about all you guys I promise! I was asked to help with our Easter egg hunt so Addie and I decorated on Friday night and then Mitch, Addie, and I headed to the hunt on Saturday morning. It was a lot of fun and there were plenty of games and eggs for everyone. After the hunt we headed to Little Rock to spend time with Aunt Bran, Mark, Mason and Bobo. We got to spend the afternoon at the pool (hard to believe it was 85 degrees on Easter!) We then went to Fellowship church for a service that evening and afterwards we were treated to dinner at Bonefish! Not bad for a Easter meal. On Sunday, we went to our church for the service. It proved to be very exciting thanks to one little Addie Blaire! I decided to bring her into church service that day because all the kids seemed to be there so during the time for children's moments all the kiddos went down front. Well I should have known better but for some reason I thought it was a good idea to take her also. I sat down on the front row and let her go to the front. Well she caused a little scene trying to find a seat, so luckily my cousin Kristi was doing the lesson and found her a seat right in the middle (not a good idea) Well Kristi gave all the kids an egg, and as each one opened it they noticed it was empty. But leave it to my child to stand up and let everyone know that the "egg was empty, somebody took the candy" I guess it got a few laughs yet I was beginning to get nervous in my seat because laughs only make her try harder for attention (she is after all Mitch's child!) so I didn't know what was next. I was trying to stay seated to not cause more of a scene unless needed. Well after that she must have gotten bored with the scene so she decided to wander around. She looked up from where she was standing and noticed the preacher sitting on a higher level at the pulpit. Addie decided to go visit him so she gets both hands and feet on the stage, only problem she is standing on her dress! Yep, she was flashing the whole crowd with her beautiful sagging diaper!! At this point, I did step in, and well you can guess how well received that was, luckily she wrapped up and we headed straight to the nursery. I guess these are the moments we will remember for a lifetime, and the picture of her stuck up there will make me smile every time!



That might be the prettiest Easter bunny ever, thanks to Penny! Addie wasn't scared of this bunny, who could be she is way too cute.

She gave all the games a try (try being the key word there)

The kids all played Simon says, somehow Addie hung in there for awhile with the big kids I think she was just to small to spot.

The preacher reading the Easter story to the kids.

Her favorite part was the candy, once she found one egg I couldn't get her to move, she just wanted to eat the candy, so we weren't to bountiful in the egg hunt this year!

Chocolate candy on the face, success!

Tired little girl on her way to see cousin Mas.

What a way to spend a spring afternoon, splashing in the pool.




These two love there Bobo.


The Easter bunny even found her new house this year, what a relief!


Everyone was so excited about after church pictures can't you tell! Is that a smile or are you gritting your teeth there daddy??!






These are the beautiful eggs that Addie decorated this year "all by herself"! That is pretty much how we do everything these days.

No comments: