Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving this year! We spent the majority of the week in Hope. It was our holiday here this year. We got to hang out with Brandee, Mark, and Mason and they even got to spend the night with us in the new house. It was fun to have company stay with us and we even had enough room for everyone a bed this time!! Big plus! We went to Mitch's aunt Becky's house for the day. It is always fun to get together with his big family and lots of talking and laughing always takes place. The kids all had a great time too, there are actually 6 of them under the age of six so they really like getting together to play! We left Thursday night and went to Arkadelphia to see my parents and grandmother. We were able to eat dinner with them and spend some time hanging out the next day also. Well, actually I take that back a little bit, I had to run Addie Blaire into the doctor because she had another ear infection and cough!! We actually did make it several months though without an ear infection this time!! Then I had to take Zoe into the vet, she had an infection also, so a few rounds of antibiotics for my girls later, we headed home. My friend Renee and her little girl Sallie stopped by for a visit and it was great to see how much she has grown since I saw her last. Addie Blaire loved getting to be the big girl for once also. On the way home, we stopped in Prescott and I got to see my friend, Melinda and meet her very sweet fiance also. We spent Saturday with G's family because she had to work on Thanksgiving day. So lots of food and a few pounds later, we went home happy!!

Mason and Addie Blaire showing the love!

These two really love each other, sometimes more of a tough love, but still love.



She loves her new boots that Nana got her. She likes the fact that I don't make her wear socks with them the most though!

Renee, Sallie, Addie and me (well the part of me that was awake for the picture, terrible, but the only one I had so I'm posting it!) Can you tell the kids had a few Cheetos before the picture??
On a side note, the plant in the picture is one at my mom's and every time we go to her house it is on another table where my mom keeps it, but for some reason it is the first thing that Addie goes to and she takes it and moves it to the coffee table and says "It's perfect!" It is so funny and so strange at the same time, I guess she just likes to decorate like her mom.

This was my grandmother's first Thanksgiving without my grandpa. I know this was a tough holiday for her as it was the rest of us, but I was so glad to have her spend it with us. I know Addie loves to see her and Joy of course (the little puppy in the picture.)
This is a major sucker from the doctor, I guess the louder you scream when they are checking you the bigger the sucker you get!!!


We tried rolling Addie's hair that day on my sister's old Caruso (?) curlers. She actually didn't mind it because my mom told her she would look like Curly Top so she was all for it. By the way, Curly top is Shirley Temple, my mom got her all those old movies and she loves them!!!

Thanksgiving day at the Bobo's.
Addie with Grandma Bobo

She did a little dance for everyone, always the performer. I wonder where she gets that from can we say D-A-D!!!



The horsey Grandma Bobo bought for the kids.

Hanging out with her cousins


I was trying to get her to pose for a picture with dear old mom, but for some reason that just wasn't her idea of fun...

nor did she want a family picture.....

.....or even one with the kiddos and Grandma. I think she was fed up with the camera by this point.

I guess I didn't get as many pictures with Nicki and Pop on Saturday, so wait til Christmas it will be your turn.

Giving Daddy a big kiss!




Mitch and Addie Blaire decorating the Christmas tree at church on Sunday.

No comments: