Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tacky Sweater Party!

I decided this year that we would start a new tradition in Hope, thanks to an idea from my sweet sister. We had a Tacky Christmas sweater party at our house for several couples. Since it was the first year I didn't know what to expect but everyone played along well and it was definitely a great starting point for next year. I had even gotten the idea from the Internet to set up a cheesy background for pictures of the couples like an old junior high backdrop, so I think everyone worked it pretty well! I wasn't as sure though about how everyone would feel about being posted on the blog so I am just including some of the highlights of the evening and a few of those who I figured wouldn't kill me for posting their pics!

The host and hostess for the evening. I am disappointed in the picture it doesn't show the full picture on the sweater of the Santa driving the taxi. I also had on two of Addie's huge bows, a necklace and earrings that flashed and awesome red booties so the photos don't do it justice.

Jodie said this was the most comfortable she had been coming to a party and I would have to agree that it was a great feeling to "not get ready for a party"

Mitch's button read "official mistletoe tester" and the singing golfing Santa on his tie was pretty cool too. The best though was the pants he and Ronnie were sporting, they both had Santa etched all over them, sweeeet!

Tonja and John definitely get an honorable mention the sweater was very festive and the big collar on her shirt underneath brings back some great memories for me, I unfortunately remember wearing those myself back in the day.


Amy really took it to heart and worked it well in the tutu and apron, not to mention John's sweater.

These guys won the big grand prize! Well it wasn't that big, but an honor they will never forget I'm sure. (Sorry guys I hope you don't care I posted this but the winners had to be given there 15 seconds of fame!)

Jodi and Trevor rocking the v neck.

Most of the girls from the party.

No comments: