Thursday, October 16, 2008

A rough start to 16 months!!

Addison Blaire is now 16 months, but it has been a rough start for her. We had to go last week to get her shots and she did not like that at all. I have to admit it was just as rough on me. I think from now on Dad needs to experience the thrill of shots with me. I just hate seeing her go through that and being the one that is putting her through it is even worse!! So that happened and then we were at my mom's house and Addison Blaire decided to try the stairs. We were standing right there but just looked away for a second and down she went!! She fell down the entire flight of stairs. I have to admit that ranks as probably the scariest moment of my life!! I picked her up right away and after a few seconds she quit crying andwas fine (I can't say the same for Nana and mom though.) I guess carpeting is the best thing for kids because it definitely cushioned her fall!! I must say it was a hard lesson learned for me about exactly how quick something like that can happen. However, the doctor said she was fine and we ended up going with my family to Texas for the weekend for a funeral for a family member. She did great on the trip and has been fine ever since. So for all the bad luck Mitch and I have endured lately I must say God was looking out for us this time!!! Nana and I haven't stopped thanking him, every night I make sure to let God know how grateful I am for his love and protection of my greatest joy and my entire world this sweet little baby girl.

Addie Blaire has learned to "call the hogs" Here she is giving her best "Whoo" Now I just need my buddies Jill and Renee to perfect some of her techniques!!

She is just about to lose it here I think. She is now saying "wow" every time she gets a little off balance. She is also saying so many more words now. Janice says that when she sees baby einstein come on now and the worm comes across the screen she yells "einstein." She also know the word tv. I know that doesn't sound like a good thing but we really do try to limit the amount of television she watches. However, she loves some Little Einsteins, Backyardigans, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse right now. We have a dance we do to "hot dog" every morning to get us going.

These are a picture of her new Nike shoes we got last week. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but she loves them. I actually went to buy her the cutest pair of Ugg boots for babies, but her feet were a little too chunky to fit in the boots, so we tried these on and they were a hit. She even wore them out of the store and hasn't stop walking since. For some reason, I thought her feet were smaller than they are and she probably was just so glad to get a pair of shoes that actually fit where her toes weren't crammed.


The neighbors have a cat and at first Addie Blaire was scarred of it, but now that she is used to it she chases it everywhere. Here she is bending down to it and clapping her hands to call it over. Needless to say the cat didn't fall for it and was gone soon after this shot was taken!

So she moved on to good old Zoe. I feel so sorry for Zoe these days because her whole world has changed. I guess we are making up for it by feeding her more which is why she lays around all the time now. She has been great with Addie Blaire though, much better than we expected. She really is very protective of her and lets Addie Blaire pull and tug on her, with only a little licking in response to her.

Sweet sweet kisses!!! I know some people think that is gross but our birthing class teacher said that dogs mouths have less germs than most people, go figure!



She really is one of the happiest babies I have ever been around. I feel so blessed to be her mother and to enjoy all these precious and once in a lifetime moments and milestones with her.

1 comment:

Cardwell Family News said...

Jill,

It is nice to see you're a blogger! Your baby girl is precious. We just had our second 8weeks ago, Harrison Max. Anyway I enjoyed checking in, you'll have to email me sometime @ fairchildja@hotmail.com.

Julie