Sunday, December 29, 2019

Summer Time is Our Favorite!

The girls were able to spend a great deal of time this summer in Hope. B went to kids college by day and she and AB both helped with VBS at our church at night.  They were glad to get to see old friends and family while they were there. 
We made a few trips to Magic Springs as well.  These girls kept me on my toes.  They were up for almost anything at the park.  I was worn out after chasing them around all day.

Jaquelyn and I were able to attend the summer program Super Summer through the Baptist Convention.  They took up donations on behalf of  The CALL.  We left with lots of gift cards, socks and such for teens in foster care.  What a joy it was to be with these students that day and to share how God is working right here in Arkansas to care for these children.
As always..lots of tubing took place all summer.  I think we spent every second on the water that we could.  It was really wonderful to have that time with family and friends on the lake.

AB and I even did something I thought I would never do again.  We did the swing, but not just any swing the one that takes you way into the sky.  I thought i was braver than i was..tears were about to start to fall as i began to be pulled up and away.  I couldn't believe I put AB and I in that spot.  We were there and there was only one way to get down!  I got to the top AB said "Mom, I don't want to do this anymore and bean to start to get very nervous.  I too was nervous but as they counted us down 3,2,1..I pulled that cord and we went flying downward luckily to end up on the other side.  I must say I hope Brit isn't interested because not sure my heart could do that again.
We spent the rest of the weekend with the cousins at Magic Springs and we even gave the escape room a try.  Not sure we will ever be breaking any records for that but we did our best, luckily we had lots of help.

4th of July fun




AB went the next week with Parker to Joyworks with her church.  She spent the week at Ouachita and had a blast living in the dorms.  She even did her own solo performance in the talent show during camp.

I was so proud of her for doing this... I would never have been that brave. I was glad that we were able to go and watch her perform in front of  over 100 other children.

Proud cousins!

Her performance!
The end of the week program by all the kids.

No comments: