Monday, November 13, 2017

Vegas Baby!

Mitch and I were able to get away for a long weekend with friends in Vegas last month.  It was so much fun to hang out with the ladies at the spa while the guys did their thing and then meet back up for dinner.  We had  a great time celebrating the big 4-0 with this great group!
 
We started off with lunch at my favorite spot at the Bellagio....Olives!  I love the atmosphere and overlooking the whole strip but more than that I love the watermelon salad!!

That night we headed down to the old Vegas strip for dinner at the famous Oscar's.  It is named after the longtime mayor of the city.  It was fun hanging out and seeing the sights, my only regret is there wasn't time for me to zipline!! 

The view was great in this round globe overlooking the strip...oh and our food was fabulous!!
The famous Oscar!
The next morning as everyone was starting to arrive we met the whole group at Top Golf for a little fun.  There was some serious competition going on between these guys so the girls escaped for some shopping later on.
Doing what we do best...waiting on the boys!
Dinner with the whole crew at Joe's Stone Crab!!  As you can tell by the laughs come from our end, we managed to have a good time!
The next day I begged and begged Mitch to get off the strip with me and take a little adventure.  I wanted to see Hoover Dam but couldn't talk him into that so I settled for what turned out to be just as cool  The Red Rock mountain area.    We rented a car and took off for a little mini adventure all our own.  It was absolutely beautiful and my pictures really don't do it justice but I tried as evidenced by the next 15 photos!



I talked Mitch into a little light hike..hahahaha!

The view from the top

See even the sun and the stars aligned..it was meant to be Mr. Bobo!!

Oh and I mentioned we rented a car...(ha!) just not that one but we did play a good joke on our friends later thanks to a very nice man who trusted us enough to let us that close.

At least he was all smile from the start...



not sure he felt quite the same way by the end!!
It was gorgeous and I was happy so we returned for some spa time with the girls and dinner later that evening with friends.
That night we checked out Sinatra's at the Wynn.  it was full of awesome history and the pasta was scrumptious!! 


Terrible photography but evidence we try to clean up now and then and I even have on heels which never happens!
I didn't take that many pictures like I wish I would have but we had a great time with some wonderful people and lots of great food too! Most of all time away with my husband is so important and we don't do it enough but it sure is fun (and never dull) when we get the chance!
 
Less than a week after we left Vegas there was a mass shooting at a venue where a country concert was taking place.  Over 40 people were killed and many more injured.  It was an awful event for our country and so many families.  Praying for Vegas...#vegasstrong!

No comments: