Thursday, November 9, 2017

B's Big Girl Birthday Sleepover!

I can't believe my little B is already 7!!  This carefree fun-loving child has blessed us so many times over with her wit and charm.  We just pretty much don't know what it would be like without her to keep us on our toes!  This year B went back and forth on a theme and location for her party.  She was determined to make all the decisions.  One thing was for sure she wanted a sleepover!  After that we decided to stay nearby as I couldn't fit that many car seats in my car for an out of town trip and for time as well.  She wanted a gymnastics party and wanted to go out to eat, and play all the games we had done at her big sister's party over the summer.  So we put a plan in motion and behold I give you Cartwheels and Cupcakes!
Just a little collage of a few o my favorites from the last year... and one that showed up on my timeline that was too cute not to share!   As you can see this girl lives life to the fullest! 
We ran home that Friday night after work to get everything all set up for the evenings activities... and just like big sister she wanted balloons for the evening to tell them what to do next it was all a surprise! Luckily for dad he had a golf tournament already scheduled so he escaped all 14 of these screaming little girls.  I think it was probably best that way anyways who needs a stinky ole boy at a sleepover, right?!
 
And the cake...that was a surprise for me!  I worked so hard sending pictures to the bakery and every last detail only to pick it up that day and her name be misspelled right there on the front.  Oh, and they also informed me that they had a new fondant girl that was still learning...as you can tell by B's fondant twin on the cake she was having a bit of an issue keeping it together!  But we made it through the party...just barely!
 
Then it was time to load up and between myself and my mom we were able to fit most all the girls in the car.  G was even there to give them a lift to the restaurant.  They were all smiles as we headed to try and wear them out a bit before dinner.
Cousin Lila even got to make the party!!
 
My little gymnast!!
 
I think the foam pit was the highlight for all of them though.
I did my best to play gymnastics teacher as we had the gym all to ourselves but they were more interested in running around like little crazies which is probably for the best my gym skills are a little out of date.
 
 
B and Josie!
B and Cousin Lila in their coordinating suits!
I took several of them on a little spin!  Now that looked like fun...
And then it was time to move on...red faces and all!  I guess that is proof they were having a good time and best of all getting rid of a little energy in the process.  I didn't want an all nighter with this crew!
 
 
My two chaperones for this wild bunch.  G had to leave before dinner so that meant Nana and I were on our own...and we were not prepared for that at all.
 
 
I had called Juan the owner of the restaurant to reserve a table because I knew 14 little girls was going to be nuts.  I even warned him to put us in the back of the restaurant because it was probably going to get loud.  I thought by the time we got there the restaurant would be slowing down and we wouldn't be noticed but I was WRONG!  There was a mix up with the tables and we were left to sit in the very center of the FULL restaurant. Needless to say I got a lot of blank stares and "oh honey, what were you thinking?"  But for the most part these girls were pretty good and loved getting to be big girls sitting all by themselves at the table.
 
And of course what birthday dinner isn't complete without a little sing along and a sombrero?? 
 
 
Then we headed back to the house to eat a little cake and then take a swim...in late September.  Who would have thought we would be able to do that but for the first time B got her wish and it was warm enough to swim...or at least warm enough for these kids! 

 

Just a few more pictures of our disfigured gymnast..hehehehe!  I can laugh about it now but I assure you when I took one look at that cake and those disfigured limbs I was not pleased!


 
 
The birthday girl was all smiles surrounded by her besties and lots of sugar!
 
 
 
Make a WISH!!
And then just like that off with her head...more girl!!
Then afterwards they were ready for some pool time and then trampoline time and then slide time...they really just ran most of it off.
Bad action shot!
Cousin lovin
After swimming we dried off for the popping of another balloon to reveal it was time for the blindfolded makeover game.  The girls were especially fired up about this one.  We started off with the birthday girl and her cousin applying her makeup.
 Then took turns until each girl looked just gorgeous...not!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I unfortunately didn't get to skip out on the fun myself!
The after picture!  I must say some of these girls needed a double coated cleanup after this game was over...me included! 
 
Then it was time for a little game of spin the bottle..no not that kind if that is what you were thinking.  Spin the nail polish bottle.  These girls played until all toes were painted and the winner was the one with the most matched toes!  I think this was as messy as the makeup but at least nothing a bottle of remover couldn't fix.
 
 
 
And then it was turning midnight so we popped our next to last balloon.  A neon glow in the dark dance party out on the front lawn.  I figured the neighbors wouldn't mind after all it was the weekend.  We blared the music as loud as we could get it on my car stereo and these girls danced and sang their hearts out!
 
And then it was back indoors to make the beds and watch a movie.  I think the final head went down around 1:30am...mine might have been before that if it wasn't for all the giggling!
And they were up bright and early the next morning for breakfast and a good dose of Charlie.
She really loved all those stuffed animals the girls had brought with them.
 
And just before everyone departed we opened gifts...at their request as I was prepared to wait.  They always love to show off their gift though and even demonstrate just how it works..love this age!
After all the girls had departed we met Nana and Lila for a little refueling for lunch at Subway.
So thankful to my mom for sticking with me through this one and I know without a doubt I couldn't have done it without her.  Thanks mom for the late night and early wake up call but most of all for loving us all in spite of my crazy ideas and the insanity I put her through.
 
 
Miss you girls but so glad you both made it for the fun..next year June you better be there!
The rest didn't last long as the girls and I headed out to the Wilson cabin for Wynn's birthday party that night.  I think Allison got off easy though because they were all so tired that an early bedtime was not problem at all.  It was fun roaming through the woods and roasting hot dogs for a change for these city girls of mine.
Just a picture of the after-project on the house.  We had the whole house painted and I just love the contrast we ended up with including my very own hand painted lighting fixtures. 
Dinner the night before her birthday with the family...B's pick her fav Olive Garden.
Headed to school on her big day!!
School party with lots of cupcakes for the whole class!
Just a little throwback picture I came across from her first birthday!
And yet one more final celebration at church for all the September babies!
 
 Happiest of birthdays my sweet girl!  May God continue to bless you with all the joy and happiness each and every year that you deserve!!

No comments: