Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Summer in December!

The day after Christmas we headed straight out from my parents house to the beach!  This was the first time for any of us to go at Christmas and we were super excited for a few days of relaxation and family time.  We got to Destin that evening in time for dinner at Destin Commons and then headed on down to 30A for a week of fun in the sun...and well the rain, lots and lots of rain! But somehow we managed to have a good time and get to do a little bit of it all while we were there.
Our first morning on the beach...these girls never stopped running and playing in the sand.  Proof the beach really does make everyone happy!







Dad the cabbie.  I think the girls will want one of these for the house now.  Fun ride down 30A
with a little silliness in the back!
We spent the afternoon shopping and playing at Seaside loving these warmer temperatures and a little sugar didn't hurt to keep these kids energy going!



Later that afternoon I thought I would be nice and offer to take all the kids on a late afternoon bike ride but considering the mass amount of rain that never quit while we were there I should have thought twice.  I must say it was an adventure as we set out on our own but the trip back from a couple of miles out was straight craziness!  I have never been that wet in my life but to these kids it was the time of their lives!

Dinner with friends at a great spot rounded out the night.
A little bike ride selfie with my girl AB
We even braved the 75ish degree temps for a picnic and time on the beach one afternoon.  The girls were some brave souls and I just sat and watched...why is it kids are not affected by the cold water like us adults?  I wasn't going near that water!


Who said you can't rock a swimsuit in December!  These two sure know how...although mom is a different story.  She need s little more prep time than these two require...hehehehe!




Then after some time on the beach we packed up and headed to the Destin aquarium where we met a few new friends!

Just a little warning about the RED TIDE!!  By this time we had already coughed up a lung or two and blown our nose red!  But it was good to get some info on this rare airborne occurrence.  I think by the fourth person I saw walking around with a mask on I realized this was not going to be fun.  But we made it through and still were able to enjoy the beach..just with lots of Kleenex's and throat drops!
The aquarium at Destin was really neat and we made it in time to see this guy put on quite a show. 
the girls loved all the exhibits where you ccould touch and feel the sea creatures.


And this dolphin was so sweet and friendly he kept coming to the window to say hi.
The next day we headed to Baytowne Wharf with the kids for some sights and a few good eats!

Baytown Wharf has so much to do and see that we tried a little bit of it all!
Allen made it all the way to the top!  Good thing his momma wasn't around!
jumping...
and walking the tight rope!  These kids amaze me at what they are willing to try.
A little game of laster tag
We even went from the sand to ice while at the beach...one must try it all!
One of my favorite aspects of 30A is the bike trails and how the whole family is able to go for rides together.  Love spending time with my fab 4!

Taking it all in on our last day with our toes in the sand...and breathing that nice RED TIDE!!






I know I look terribly scary because of the wet rain and make up all down my face but I so enjoyed my time in the crow's nest watching the sunset each night. 
I seriously could get used to this view!!
Dinner on New Year's Eve
 
 

Ringing in the New YEar...here's to a great 2016!!!




Now back to reality...:(

No comments: