Sunday, October 12, 2014

Summer comes to an end...but just a little fun first!

AB took advantage of the summer holidays to play a little tennis.  Luckily, Nana made arrangements for her to take a few lesson at OBU tennis center over the break.  She really enjoyed her teacher and seemed to get much better with a little help.
AB and her tennis coach..and little sister who was her cheering section during lessons.
 B stayed with Nana a night or two all by herself and Nana said she did such a great job helping take care of Grandma Bass.  As my grandmother's health has declined she needs more help and B was more than happy to do just that.  She helped to feed her and fix her hair.  My little momma does such a great job of taking care of everyone!!  Love that about her!  Little did I know that would be the last visit B would have with her..
 That weekend the girls and I headed up to spend the night with Aunt T's family.  We had an all girls dinner at our fav Mellow Mushroom and then headed to the house for some dress up.  Me and all my girls!
 The chef and her princesses
 AB and baby J....how cute is she!!
 my little Mommy just couldn't get enough of her...she loved getting to hold her all by herself!
 The next morning Nana came up and we had a morning at the park downtown.  The queen of the mountain, she conquered the whole thing.
 The girls even got to feed the silly geese!
 Then we met up with cousin Lindsey (two weeks before her big day,) Aunt Bettye and all the girls for lunch.  We had to get some Lindsey time before she got married and went overseas.  Love her and so excited for her and Jacob and what is to come...
 Mitch and I went to Fayetteville for a golf tournament that weekend so the girls spent some time with Nana and Pop.  Lila and June even came to visit.  They had a great time dressing up...
 and using sidewalk chalk.  They even got to trace pop...he looked like the jolly green giant on the driveway!!
 All three girls..notice B with the curly hair and I love Pop shirt!  Love that the girls always have such a good time with their cousins and my parents. 
 Even dish washing seems to be more fun at nana and pops...I know she doesn't offer to do that at home!!
 The Gentry's, us and the Maneth's out for dinner in Fayetteville!
 Couldn't help ourselves...everyone wants to be a Bobo!
even our youngsters are famous too!  Thanks to Nicki who seems to keep the local newspaper in stock of plenty of material of her great grandchildren.  Pretty cool for dad to see them make the news, especially considering they both have golf clubs in hands!!
 The next weekend we spent time with the Gentry family in Hot Springs and we stopped by our favorite spot.  Osaka has become a favorite of the kiddos and Saki...the best ever chef has become part of the group. 
 Unfortunately, the end of summer meant the end of the girls time with Aimee Porter.  They had so much fun this summer and were so sad to see her head off to college.  I know she is going to be missed by us all this year!  But I thank her for taking good care of my girls this summer and making sure they enjoyed their summer to the fullest!
 Watermelon Festival 2014...the girls helped me work all weekend at the festival..first up watermelon slicing.  The girls apparently didn't understand the point because they ate as much watermelon as I could slice.



 Luckily, while I was tied up getting ready for the concert that night Aunt T and Uncle B took the girls to the fair where they had a blast!!
 my little acrobat
 Dad even got to hang out with baby J by the pool that afternoon.  She looks pretty worried about missing out on the fair
 That night was the watermelon festival concert.  I work all summer long on this concert!!  It is such a big event and this concert just about did me in!  On the day of the concert I was up at 5am to start setting up and by 9am it was raining cats and dogs at the baseball field where the concert was to take place.  So by 10am I made the call to move the concert and the next 9 hours until concert time were a blur!  But I am so proud to say that the concert turned out great with lots of help from so many people that made that possible.  It was an effort of dozens of people to move all the sound and lights and set up the auditorium..which I had luckily booked as a backup.  But everyone seemed to have a great time! The opening act that night was Barrett Baber...if you don't know him or his music you really should look him up.  He is great...onstage and off.  He even has a new song out for the Razorbacks.  He is a OBU boy and I can't what to see where his career is headed!  My sister actually went to high school with him so we all got to catch up for a second after the concert. 
 The headliner for the concert this year was David Nail.  He put on a great show for the crowd that night and was very nice to all our staff.  So glad to have the concert behind me...the stress this year was almost too much!  So glad that it all turned out well and looking forward to next year already!
I can't believe it but now it's time for school to start...where did the summer go???

No comments: