Thursday, January 9, 2014

It's Christmas Time..partys galore!

We kicked off the month with the annual Christmas parade.  I wasn't sure it was even going to happen because the weather was so bad, but sure enough at the last minute the kids piled on to the float and off they went with umbrellas, hats, gloves and covered in blankies.  B and I got in the car to watch sister go by..

 The float was fixed up so cute and the girls had a blast.  The parents on the float said AB never quit singing the entire time..and the coolest thing by the time the parade was over it was snowing.  Christmas time is really here!

 That weekend the family was off..and of course we couldn't forget Ely.  The weather was starting to get bad that weekend so we took off early for Memphis because with snow on the way we had to get there for my big first race.  The girls stayed with my parents and Mitch and I braved the weather to get to Memphis. 
 We arrived to some pretty crazy weather but the entire group that came to the race met up at the packet pick up on Friday and had a great time exploring the booths and all the extras they had in store for us.  One of my favorites was this vehicle that was on display.  If you can't tell there are names all over the car...
pretty excited to find mine was one of them!!  The car represented those of us that raised $500 to run in the St. Jude's marathon weekend.  It gives me chill bumps just thinking about how many people did the very same thing and filled up this car ..that is pretty amazing!
 The team Hope group that came for race day.  We had a few others that were running with the group but they did not want to come for fear the race would be cancelled so they ended up in Baton Rouge for a different marathon that weekend.
 Our next stop was a tour of St. Jude's..I really can't put into words how overwhelming this tour was.  As a parent, my heart hurt for each parent I saw coming down the hallways pushing a wagon with a child that was obviously a patient in tow.  It is such a truly wonderful, awe inspiring, and overwhelming place.  I must say that I was so impressed by all the kids there and know they are in the best place that they could be...I just can't seem to put into words the impact that this visit had on me...it made the trip to Memphis so worthwhile race or no race I realized this is exactly where I was meant to be.  These kids are in a race that is so much more important than anything I could do that day.

 These are the faces of some very sad folks when, as we were sitting at dinner eating our pasta trying to figure out how many layers of clothes we would need to brave the 20 degree weather the next morning, we got the call we had been dreading.. the race had been cancelled.  I must say there were several tears at the table that night, all the others had been training for the full marathon so they had been running even further than I had and so it was a tough call to get that night.  However, we all enjoyed our evening in Memphis and left with an appreciation for St. Jude's far greater then any race or finish line.
Now this did bring a few tears to my eyes when I received this note that night via text....I love these two they are the sweetest!
 The next week AB got to go to her first painting party and she had a blast.  She did a great job on her painting all by herself!
 That Ely he was always up to something this year...here he is watching a movie in the barbie play house with Snow White eating popcorn and watching a movie.
 The next day he was being a little naughty and did a little artwork of his own.
That Sunday night the girls had their play at church.  Here is my little angel along with J Coffee.
 and look at this cute children, Miriam and Sarah (I think! )
 They all did such a great job...it was rather funny though because they ended up posting the lines on the back of the church on a projector so the kids were up there nudging each other and staring at the screen.  It was so sweet and I was so proud of all of them..
 Little B included!  This was her second attempt at being in the Christmas play and last year's did not go so well with her running up and down the aisles but this year that little cutie stayed put and her little halo stayed intact, literally!


 The next week started up with a party and gift exchange at gymnastics.

and that's about it for tonight folks... momma is tired and beginning to not make much sense!

No comments: