Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cookie Time!

 
It's that time again...Cookie time!! And this year the Bobo house had plenty to go around.  I hosted AB and I believe 14 other little ladies for a Cookie Exchange at our house right before school got out for Christmas.  AB was sooo excited not only about the party but that I would be picking up she and her friends from school.  B was equally excited but for all the normal reasons like eating lots and lots of cookies!!  The invitation to the party is shown below (minus all the personal info) which I am starting to become more aware of just how little of that is needed on a public blog (thanks to the unusual comments I have been receiving!)  So from now on I will try to watch a little more closely what I post out of respect for my children and our personal lives.
So get ready to be so full your eyes my just pop out...proceed with extreme caution for all the mouth watery treats you are about to see!
Don't worry these aren't any of those, who do I know that because I am the one that made them and chef I am not...but I was pretty proud of my pinterest find and for me these are pretty darn good!
The second treat I made were some old time favorites from my grandmother Fowler.  She used to make these "stained glass window" cookies when I was young, so before she pasted away she made a cookbook for me with all her favorite recipes...so glad this is one I get to share with my kiddos as well!
The table was decorated with all the treats a girl could feast her eyes on...we had gingerbread houses and gingerbread men with all the decorations I could find.  I don't know if the decorations all made it to the gingerbread though because most of them stopped of in some hungry mouths first!
I did include a few salty treats on the table just to make sure no one had a case of sugar shock from the party.  I also had boxes for each child to pack up all there goodies to take home.
We also had a decoration station for those that wanted to make their very own ornaments with glitter, balls, rhinestones and everything that sparkles.
and last but not least a reindeer food assembly line.. with all the oats and glitter to make sure they didn't pass up on any of these precious girls homes this year!
We rotated kids at the table making there treats and letting the others play,  which turned out in my favor to be a beautiful warm day so everyone had fun running and just getting to play outside for the first time in what seemed like forever (not having such a good winter this year in our area)
as you can see there was lots of sampling going on..
Mommy's little SUGAR and spice...
and their is my other little sugar and SPICE!!  (notice the capitalization on the two!)hint, hint...


Everyone hard at work...these girls take this stuff seriously!


The goodie table was starting to fill up...
How cute are these blow pop reindeer!!
Lily wanted all the reindeer food left, this is her sad face when I turned her down.  I was afraid if all the reindeer ate all that food they would never be able to get off the ground to make it over to our house!
The gang minus a few...such sweet faces!!
All the goodies lined up and ready to take home (please, please take home cause momma doesn't need that many cookies in the house for fear she will eat them!) 
Thanks to all the moms who participated and those that stuck around to help me out..I sure couldn't have survived with out you.  I think the party was a success and most of all the girls had the chance to play and enjoy each other's company which is truly what it is all about.  (sorry for those that wanted better pictures of all the desserts I didn't do such a good job on my photography seeing as how I was running around like a crazy person, so maybe something to work on for next year!) 
The next morning was AB's school Christmas party and we found (notice I didn't say made after the cookie party and several 2am late nights of hosting parties and work parties this momma was exhausted)  anyways, back to the point we found these precious snowman donuts for the class. how cute are they?!

Ab giving Mrs. Beaty her Christmas gift.
Hanging out with pals in their pjs!
The fun book exchange that had everyone excited to see where their book would land.

After AB's party it was time to move over to B's Happy Birthday Jesus party at her school.  Here she is helping get the candles on the cake.
and singing Happy Birthday to Jesus
Her favorite part though was getting to pass out the goodies we brought to her friends.  That girl just loves to be the helper..if you don't believe me ask her teacher and she will say with certainty that she is the most helpful child she has this year!!
The whole gang this year.  How cute are this kiddos?!!
and after the party was over we packed up the car and left town...Fowler family vacation up next because we are off to our own personal North Pole!


No comments: