Sunday, July 21, 2013

Kindergarten Graduation and Last Day at Shonda's!! :((

I don't know if it has taken me this long to update my blog because I just was too busy to get to it or because I knew this post would be hard for me to write.  I guess as your kids get older and hit major milestones you are supposed to be excited, which I was don't get me wrong but I also couldn't get over a bit of sadness at how fast time has flown and now to have a child graduating Kindergarten seems all to surreal.  I must say she had the best school year and really seems to enjoy learning which is wonderful.  However, I couldn't keep the tears from flowing as she walked across the stage that night.  The same is to be said on Britann's last day at Shonda's house.  I must say she has been with our family day in and day out for almost 3 years so to leave also meant saying goodbye to a dear friend and family member.  Britann and Gavin the first year at our house, then Britann and Canon the second year at our house and then at Shonda's house for the 3rd year... that is a closeness you form with someone that just doesn't seem to diminish with time.  She is and will always be a part of our lives just as Nona was and is in Addie Blaire's life.  I am so blessed to have these wonderful influences of on my two girls. So on to the multitude of pictures I have attached...  I just couldn't quit posting them each one shows a different emotion or angle to both these major events in our lives...
 
Graduation night and AB is ready to graduate but before that she must put on a performance for all the family that is in attendance tonight.
What a beautiful girl she is-and just as beautiful on the inside as out.. I know it's mom talking but she really has the kindest heart and most giving spirit of any child that I know.  I am so proud for all her accomplishments this year but most of all for the young girl that she is becoming...
The whole gang ready to put on a show... sooo sweet!


The class signed to "God Bless America" it was sooo awesome and they all did a great job remembering all the signs for each word.
They also did a cadence about Kindergarten that was so stinkin cute and then they spelled out Kindergarten with all 12 students.  AB brought up the rear with "N" is for next year, 1st grade here we come!!!
After the performance as the kids were changing they played a video that had been pre-recorded of each child answering a few questions.  They asked AB what she would do if she were invisible for a day?  Her answer was to go to Little Rock to her Aunt T's house and she would do whatever she wanted!  I think Aunt T was glad to be there for that moment because she had tears in her eyes watching the video.
My little grad getting her diploma!!

All the graduates...
and know with silly faces!

Bobo and Mrs. Sharon gave her the cutest little dog made out of flowers.  AB loved it!
Adyson and Addie Blaire

Lila and Britann were so proud of their "big sister" as Lila calls her too!

Darby Kate and Addie Blaire (we just couldn't get that hat to stay on)

That is one proud daddy right there!
Aunt T and the kiddos
Nana and Pop, I think by the look of Nana's eyes I wasn't the only one doing some crying!


Nicki and Pop with the graduate
This is the picture that AB drew for her teacher Mrs. Wachob.  She drew each child and the teacher.  Mrs. Wachob said she was going for a haircut after she saw this picture if that is how AB really thought her hair looked!!  Notice the child to the far right-that is the one that didn't make it through the whole school year, but never one to leave anyone out she included him with a major "X" on top!  Too funny that girl!
 
After graduation we went to eat with Nana, Pop, Aunt T, Lila, and Bobo.  We were celebrating graduation but also had some cupcakes because it was Nana and Bobo's birthdays the next week.
 
 
And to top it all off - these was Addie Blaire's favorite part, we had them sing to both of them and luckily they even had two sombreros!
 
The Fowler girls!
Bobo and Lila
The next day was play day at school and the kids had a blast.  I think maybe they were a little chilly out eating snow cones and playing in the water but that sure didn't seem to stop them.

That same night at church (it was party central at our house that week) we had a water party again.  Livi, AB and Darby Kate had a blast running around from slide to slide.
Little Brit even had a pool just for her and her buddies too!  They had just as much fun in it as the big kids did on those slides. 

Never one to be afraid... AB tried them all.
Afterwards (thanks to daddy) we had some hamburgers and hot dogs to chow down on.
The last day of school Addie Blaire and Britann had made some treats for their friends.  We found some beach balls and put a little tag on them that read "Have a ball this summer!"  They were so proud to hand them out to all their friends.
 Addie Blaire and I had picked out this cool cross bracelet for Mrs. Wachob.  I think she really liked it too. We also gave her a bag full of baby goodies for her brand new grand baby on the way.
 Little Brit was so proud of her surprise for her friends she had trouble wanting to give them away!!

 We had the hardest time deciding what to give Shonda, but I think we did pretty good.  We found her a beautiful Bible and had her name engraved on it with a message from Britann inside. I guess you can tell Brit was pretty proud of herself, she picked the purple because Shonda likes it.

 I had picked up pizza for a party on their last day.  We had a great time hanging out and chowing down.  The only one missing that day was Kayla.
 Little Miss Avyn was there too.
 I was so proud of the gift that the kids and Shonda did for Brit.  It was so sweet to have this keepsake from them all.  It made me cry.  She will have that forever on her wall to remind her of all her buddies.  Another mom even made the cutest magnet with several pictures from this year for each of them (wish I had a pic because it is soo sweet.)  I know Brit will miss this crew and Shonda has already told me she is missed by all as well.


 I also made Lashonda a poster with several pictures from over the years.  I had developed pictures in a while so I had ordered several earlier in the week trying to have them in time to put the poster together for her but they didn't make it before the party.  I will have to show a picture when it is all done but pretty special memories in each one.  Shonda was great over the years about taking pictures with a camera I had in Britann's bag just so I didn't miss out on anything while I was at work.  It sure made me smile to check it each day to see what they had been up to and I never knew what I might find (so some of the pictures are ones I took and others on this page she took herself)
 The last gift we gave her was a bracelet that had a few of her favorite things.. dolphins, the Bible, a cross, and a heart for how she has taken care of my baby all this time.  She is one special lady alright...
 Britann and Canon

 Afton, Britann and Canon
 The whole gang - Afton, Canon, Britann, Olivia, and Avyn.
Well, I made it through and it you stayed with me long enough to go through til then end then you are probably my mother, because anyone else I have bored to death by now but I must say I can only hope that I have shown the gratitude and pride that I felt those days in my post.  I can't always relay my emotions very well through writing but hopefully all the pictures will convey exactly the story I wanted to tell...

No comments: