Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Disneyworld Day 3!

Welcome to the Jungle!!  We headed out bright and early (all according to my handy schedule) to the Animal Kingdom on Friday morning.  I was probably second most excited about this park.  Mitch and I had been there before during one of my work trips but they had closed the park down for us for dinner, so we didn't really get to experience the full park or the safari.  I think that is what I was most looking forward to and it didn't disappoint.  however, one of the favorite things we all did that day ended up being the Lion King show.  It was sooo good, almost Cirque de Soliel feeling.  Addie Blaire even got picked to be a part of the show! 
While we were waiting for our fast pass for the safari we went through the jungle trails to see what we could find.  We hit the jackpot we saw all sorts of fish (in the background of this picture was actually the be-hind of a big hippo under water)
 This little girl was a riot!!!  We stood there and watched and watched in utter dismay.  He (apologizes this is a little graphic) was sitting on this trash can.  He had one had as you can see in picture behind his lower back area.  He was trying to "poodle/poo poo" and when he did (and this happened several times) he would catch it with his hand and proceed to eat it!!  I thought my girls were going to come unglued watching him, definitely an educational trip for them and one thing they haven't forgotten to this day!  I must say it even is still a vivid memory for mom too!
 Addie Blaire started the ride on the lookout for animals.  She wanted to be the first to see them and to her displeasure little Brit was first to spot one on her side!  But don't worry she got to see more animals than any of us dreamed of seeing.  They say each trip is different but I don't know many animals that we didn't see that were in the safari.
There will be many unidentified objects in the next several pictures because I myself didn't take the time to google them to try and remember their crazy names, so my apologizes to those who are really interested!
You can see the "deer-like" (see I told ya) animal right next to Britann in the picture, that just shows you how close you get to some of the animals, luckily not the lions but you know the friendlier ones.
Addie Blaire spotted the first hippo taking a bath..
such a cute little guy, who knew they could be so mean.
We saw African crocodiles (or whatever those big ones are supposed to be)
I would call this a longhorn, but since my husband would hate to hear that on this blog, it was some type of safari animal.  (Bet he has a headache most days don't you!)
Our first Giraffe, one of my favorites.
Lots and lots of elephants followed,
they were even able to tell us a little about their personalities which was interesting.  The little guy on the back they said is very playful and lots to irritate his older brother, Addie thought that was really funny!  All to familiar I guess!
an ostrich and...
even cooler some ostrich eggs!
The Lion King show I spoke of earlier was next.  We had somehow happened upon some VIP tickets so we were sitting on the floor next to the stage.  It was a front row show that we won't forget.  It had acrobatics, men on stilts, singers and even Simba and all his friends.

It was against rules for a flash so some of my pictures just don't do it justice.

Addie Blaire and a few other kids that were selected to go around the arena in a procession with the characters dancing..
there she is that little speck behind the woman in green, she was shaking that shaker though!
The tree of life! After the Lion King, we ate a bite of lunch then headed over to the Little Nemo show which was very entertaining as well.  It had some really cool special effects that keep the kids interested.  Then Addie Blaire and I, since Britann was too small went on the rapid adventure and we got soaked, I mean soaked... so back to the hotel for some dry clothes and relaxation before dinner.
This picture is for Collins Gentry he wanted us to send a picture of all things "Cars" related and it just so happened that across from our Little Mermaid area at the hotel was that area dedicated to the little boys and Cars fans so we took a few pics for him. 

On the way back, skinny little Britann's pants had gotten a wee bit to big throughout the day and kept falling down. She by the way thought that was hysterical and kept pushing them down probably because we were making it worse by laughing. She proceeds to jerk them down and just starts walking back to the hotel!  I guess you had to be there but I was laughing so hard it her finding the humor in it I couldn't stop crying.

That evening it was time for the dinner I had planned with daddy just in mind.  I decided to go to the Boardwalk for dinner at the Flying Fish.  I had seen several good reviews for this place and thought a walk along the boardwalk would be nice.  The dinner was wonderful and the girls did their best to try and remain calm in a little "too fancy" for a 2yr and 5yr old environment for the sake of dad's favorite past time while on vacation.  After dinner it began to sprinkle rain outside so they had brought all the performers into the hotel.  We made our way around checking out all the cool tricks and magic but our favorite turned out to be the man who could balance a sword on a kitchen knife out of his mouth.  Sounds crazy I know but if was very impressive.  However, the most impressive part was what little Addie Blaire was able to do when he called her up for a shot at a couple of tricks (Britann was offered that chance but didn't seem to interested for some reason) Addie Blaire hopped right up there and went to work... 
She even did it on ONE foot!  I know she gets her skills from her mother...
she was pretty proud of herself as you can see, but check out magic man in the back he was more excited then anyone.
and now for the grand finale....
look one hand and foot!!!  I think we may have a career ahead of us!!!
After dinner it was time to head back to the hotel and get ready for the next day and what "magical" adventures awaited us.... to be continued.

No comments: